Banner Advertiser

Saturday, August 7, 2010

[ALOCHONA] Fwd: It is time for govt to desert subservient foreign policy/ Hasina Killing Dea



------- Forwarded message ----------
From: abidb
abid.bahar@gmail.com

Subject: Re: It is time for govt to desert subservient foreign policy/ Hasina Killing Death

Abid Bahar

Introduction:

This is a short drama on what the love for Gold, Glory and Power can do to political Leaders. It is a drama in which murder, betryal, friendship, and revenge are part of the story. "To be or not to be: that is the question."

Scene1: Chunnu the local Thug becomes a powerful leader.

(Joyonti para, Bangla, August 14, 1941: A group of school students skipping classes and sitting in a restaurant sipping tea waiting for their leader Rahman also known as Chunnu to come. Their leader is a one eyed and the tallest person among them has just arrived. His voice is loud and screams at the waiter thunderously)

"Waiter, where is my food?"
"It's coming" says the waiter.
"Listen everybody" Chunnu says to his buddies, "Last night I saw a dream that I will kill some body named death!" Mosta the shortest one in the gang but most intelligent asked, "Who that person could be?"Chunnu replied, "I don't know but I know I will kill him to become famous."
Mosta said: "You will not kill anyone of us, will you?" Everybody laughed.
Mosta, "I think instead of killing somebody to become famous, how about first we make lots of money and then become famous?" Everybody in the crowd said" Good idea, good idea"! Chunnu said" Good idea, I just got married. My parents forced me to get married because they think I am very wild. I needed to be tamed"
Mosta: How old are you?
Chunnu: I am 22.  I hate education, and yes I like to make money. Why education and waste time when I see we can succeed with our might is right ideology. "
Mosta said, "Right! I agree but how about, outwardly we will show we are not bad people. For that let's start a political party and say we want to serve our people"
Chunnu: "But we are still very young."
Mosta: "You are not young, you are four years older than all of us. You are 22 and still in the high school.Don't forget at your age people finish M.A. degree."
"Yes, What would you like to call the party?"Chunnu asked.
Mosta: "Let's call it the the Golden Bangla Bhai Party (GBBP)"
Chunnu: "GBBP, good Idea, then I will be the President."
Mosta: I like to be in charge of finance."
Chunnu: "No, I will be the president and also be in charge of finance. I have to help our suffering people to have decent life. Mosta, you will be in charge of communication."
Mosta: "Ok, boss! We will start our work from here, every Friday afternoon; we will collect money from this bazaar for our party.  We will say we are collecting money for poor people." Now Chunnu in joy stood up, shook hands with the gang members and said " you remember what he said" and about to leave.
Asked the waiter " Waiter, where is the bill? "It's here sir!" says the waiter
Chunnu:"Give it to me, what 50 taka? Ha ha ha!." Slaped on the waiter's face, "That is your money.  From today onward never ask for money. We are here to serve people ok.?"
Chunnu says to his gang, "Let's go!

Scene :2 Chunnu becomes the Rahman Bhai

(Chunnu now spends more time to organize his Bhai culture Party. Next day, the gang met again at the restaurant to find out the amount of money they have collected from the market.)

Chunnu:" How much money we have collected so far?"
Rabb:" t2055.00."
Chunnu: I am in charge of finance. Give me the money. Mosta,you distribute 200 to each of our members and the rest goes to the finance department, that is me. Chunnu continued.
"Listen everybody, I saw the dream again. I saw I killed the enemy and I became famous."  Mosta asked, "Ok, that is in your dream but in reality what will you do when you find the enemy called death?"
Chunnu gave a short speech: Listen! "I will kill the enemy with this dagger! And let me start from here that some rules to be followed by all of you. From now onward when you talk to me you will follow some etiquettes I call them Rahmanism rules:
Rule #1 you will not call me Channu anymore. You will call me as Rahman bhai
Rule #2. You will address me respectfully as Apni (You)
Rule #3. When I get tired you will help me.
Mosta: It's only one day that we met here, how do you get tired?.
Rahman bhai (Chunnu): Stop saying that! What I mean is when I come here I will lie down in that bed and each and every one of you in turn will give me massage. If you don't show me respect and help me keep a good spirit, the junior followers will not obey you, that is the idea. Do you understand?
Let's call it our bhai system of the party and from today, you will take my orders as the law.
Mosta: You are talking like a king, but you are not!
Rahman: "Hai, you stop, you will see, one day I will be the king of this country.
Mosta: I heard that tomorrow some big politicians coming to visit our school, we should do something to collect money from them.
Rahman: Good idea! Did you know that in our school roof there is a small hole? With the excuse we will take the minister hostage until he donates some money to fix it. It will make our cause popular and we will be famous.
Rabb: Good idea! But I hope you are still not looking for your enemy?
Mosta: I hope you will not kill the Ministers!
Rahman: No, listen, when the leaders arrive first we will block the entrance and will present our three points demands.
(1) The hole in the roof has to be fixed
(2)we will demand that the school will not call the police.
(3) That due to the hole we had to skip classes for a month and that the school will have to be given auto pass.
Next day, Rahman bhai read the three points in front of the Minister. To avoid the embarrsment, the minister accepted all the demands. After the event, Rahman bhai became very popular among students. With the excuse of the hole students now began to skip classes and in large numbers joined Rahman's bhai bhai party and students eventually got the auto pass.

Scene 3: Killing Death

(Things quickly began to change. Rahman bhai's stern attitude combined with the show of love and affection for his followers in the distribution of the rent income to his followers made him a strong leader in the neighbourhood. As a cunning person, he devised a leadership style that when he meets his gang members first he shows his toughness and immediately criticizes the person followed by his show of love for them. Not surprisingly, it worked and the news spread that Rahman bhai is a very strong and a kind leader. In couse of time he became the most powerful of all in the locality. He is now elected as the member of the Municipal committee. Instead of meeting his followers in the restaurant, Rahman bhai now has become a sophisticated leader puts on sharwani and he called all his seven members gang to meet him in his office.)
Rahman (after a while): I am not happy to be a leader of this locality. To fulfill my dreams, I have to find something bigger. I want to be the king.
Mosta: But you are our Chunnu only! Are you talking about your dream to kill death and become the king?
Rahman: Yes. Just then they heard the sound of helicopters flying above in their village. All the gang leaders came out to see. Rahman asked Mosta about what happened. Mosta said, on the radio he heard there was a coup in the city led by someone named death that is killing politicians. I think the helicopters are bringing the dead bodies of some politicians from Dhaka.
Rahman asked, "Who is this bad guy killing our politicians? It must be the guy I am looking for to kill. Find out where can I meet him so that I can kill him. The guy must be a bad person; if we fight with logi and boitas, we can easily kill him. After all it will be a noble thing to kill somebody who is killing so many of our politicians.
Mosta: Let's go to Dhaka to find the killer.
The Bhai bhai team and their followers journeyed to the city. On their way they met a mysterious looking old man with long hair and sunken eyes; he carried a long walking stick and Rahman asked if he knows the name of the person who is killing all the politicians.
Rahman, "Tell us, who is this man?"
He said: "His name is death."
"Where can I find the guy Death?"Rahman asked.
He said. "He lives in the Bangabhavan. You will not fail him; he is the most charming person, he shines like gold. Rahman said, "Gold!  That must be the place I saw in my dreams."
Rahman instructed his gang: "Follow me." Without wasting any time the gang and its vast followers began their journey to Bangabhavon. As they traveled, they needed money to buy food. The gang put masks on their faces and did robbery on the train. They had enough money to eat in a roadside restaurant.

Scene 4: Where are you Mr. Death?

(Rahman finally arrived in front of the Bangabhavan. Hearing the arrival of the Bhai bhai gang, the sentry left the check post and without any problem they went straight to the main gate leading to the president's room.)
Rahman "Where are you Mr. Death?"
(No one answered. The four top leaders instead of finding Death found a royal throne without the king and lots of gold lying on the floor.)
Mosta uttered," Who owns this gold?
Rahman said, "It's my gold! I am the owner! Now, l will be the king and I will keep the gold for my expences." Except Mosta, every one of the gang followed Rahman dutifully.

Mosta said, "Give us the gold and we will make you the king."

Rahman said: "You don't have to make me the king, I am already the king! I will need the gold to be a successful king." (Rahman quickly found out that Mosta is an imposter and he has to kill him.)
Rahman: (said to Mosta,) you know that I am a kind person. For now you keep the gold but don't forget my theory, "It's my way or no way." But Mosta, I am very hungry but first bring some food for me."
(By now the gang forgot about killing Death, instead at Rahman's order they got ready to kill Mosta. Mosta also could figure out their plan and went out to bring food. He bought expensive food and on his way back also brought poison and mixed it with the food.  He said to himself "Rahman will not allow me to keep the gold so let me kill him. After he dies I will have both the gold and the kingship." As Mosta returned with food, Rahman the king was giving a short speech.)
Rahman said to the gathering, "I am your new king, I am the father of the nation.  I am spending my hard earned gold to buy food for everybody. I sent Mosta to bring food for you, I love you people." As Mosta went inside he saw the two other loyal gang members came to snatch the bundled food from him for their leader and the three others were ready to arrest him. After the speech, Rahman came back to sit in his throne and said to the arrested Mosta, "So you wanted all the gold. But I will kill you before you kill me!"
Mosata (said to Rahman): "You are Chunnu, you are a fake politician and you will die!"
Rahman: Stop calling me Chunnu, call me with respect, and call me the father that brought you here!  Rahman now is very agitated and gets ready to kill him. When slaughtering Mosta with a sharp dagger the breath from Rahman's nostrils came out like an angry bull and he exclaims, "You see now, it's my way or no way.  I didn't know it was you I was looking to become famous. Yes, now my dream came true"
saying that Rahman stabs Mosta. Now I am rich and famous."
Where is the food, bring it to me here? Rahman said
(While sitting on the throne, while laughing and eating the food Mosta brought enjoying his quick rise to power but to everybody's surprise he now began to tremble.)
Rahman: What is happening to me. I am dying. Everybody come and help me to kill Death. Rab went to help but saw Rahman's body now dropped from the throne to the ground. An old man appeared at the door and said, "The helicopter is ready to carry the dead body to his village."

Today Rahman's student followers in the Joyonti village skipped classes to gossip in the restaurant heard the sound of the helicopter. They saw an old man passing by and a local Rahman follower asked, "What happened, what happened?"
The man replied, "Its Death killing politicians in Dhaka." One of them asked, "Why Death is killing all our politicians?" The old man replied, "Son, its its their love for, gold, glory and power not their service to the nation that is killing them. In doing that these people break rules and are in excessive love of power and people's gold.
The young follower asked, "Can I kill Death to become rich?"  The old man said, "Yes, go to Bangabhavon in Dhaka, you will not fail to notice Death. He is the most charming person there and he shines like gold.
"How to kill him?" The young man asked. The oldman said, "You can kill him only if you follow the rule of law and help the country to prosper."  The boy said, " No, I am going, to kill Death; he killed our great leader! Who cares about the country? If I can kill him, I will also be rich and famous! "
Hasina: I am also looking for death.
The old man asked:"Why?"
Hasina standing next to the young man said: "Death killed my uncle; I am going to kill him."
"How?" The old man asked.
"I have friends with logi and boitha."
The old man said: "I understand your friends, go ahead brave old lady! (And said quietly "Seems like she keeps her mob mentality. She didn't get it. God save Bangladesh!)



--- In dhakamails@yahoogroups.com, Isha Khan <bdmailer@...> wrote:
>
> It is time for govt to desert subservient foreign policy
>
>
>
> http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-08-07/news/84523
>
> THE Indian finance minister, Pranab Mukherjee, is scheduled to fly in for a
> four-hour sojourn in Bangladesh, which by itself perhaps deserves an entry
> into the Guinness Book of World Record as the shortest state-level visit by
> any minister anywhere in the world. The short visit has a reasonably long
> agenda, though. According to a report front-paged in New Age on Friday,
> Mukherjee will be here mainly to witness the signing of the $1 billion line
> of credit between the EXIM Bank of India and the Economic Relations Division
> of Bangladesh, in line with the Dhaka-Delhi joint communiqué released at the
> end of the India visit of the prime minister, Sheikh Hasina, in January.
> However, as another report also front-paged in New Age on Friday indicates,
> he could push for an agreement on waiver of duties on the transportation of
> over-dimensional cargoes from western India to northeast India through
> Bangladesh. With one of Hasina's advisers reportedly `in favour of waiver'
> and the Awami League-led government having thus far displayed an
> inexplicable eagerness to grant virtually whatever New Delhi wishes, his
> visit could add significant momentum towards such an agreement.
>
> If it so happens, it will be doubly delightful for New Delhi; for, it will
> ensure that India gets maximum returns on the line of credit offered to
> Bangladesh. As per the terms of the credit, Bangladesh will have to spend
> the money on the development of infrastructure, which is aimed at
> facilitating India's transhipment of goods from its west to northeast. In
> other words, India will get what it has always wanted but without any
> expenditure on its part. Moreover, India will get interest on the credit
> and, if the duty on over-dimensional cargo is waived, it will be all gain
> and no pain for New Delhi. Simply put, what Bangladesh stands to gain, if
> anything at all, is inconsequential compared to what India will get.
>
> It is just one aspect in the bilateral relations between the two countries
> whereby Bangladesh has put in more than its share but India has given up
> virtually nothing. In fact, India has not shown even the slightest
> willingness to address the legitimate demands and grievances of Bangladesh.
> New Delhi refuses to do anything about the killing of Bangladeshis by its
> border guards, equitable sharing of the common rivers, particularly the
> Teesta, huge trade imbalance, withdrawal of non-tariff barriers to export of
> Bangladeshi goods, exchange of enclaves, land border demarcation; the list
> could go on and on. Moreover, it continues to create more irritants for the
> already strained relations, e.g. repeated incursion into Bangladesh's
> maritime territory, fencing of borders, planned construction of a dam on the
> upstream of the trans-boundary river Barak at Tipaimukh, etc. Then, of
> course, there are instances of India promising humanitarian help and not
> delivering on it such as reconstruction of several hundred houses in the
> cyclone Aila-hit areas.
>
> India's selfish exploitation of its bilateral ties with Bangladesh has, of
> late, been criticised even in its own media. For example, the Indian Express
> wrote in its editorial on August 3: `In case after case, the Bangladeshi
> side has done its bit, laying the groundwork for further agreement, or
> implementing what was already signed. And in case after case, the Indian
> side has not reciprocated to any reasonable degree' (See today's Op-Ed page
> for reprint of the editorial). In other words, the Indian government has
> made it amply clear that its overarching intention is to squeeze the maximum
> out Bangladesh in return for virtually nothing.
>
>  Hence, it is, perhaps, time that the sympathy and support of the conscious
> and conscientious sections of Indian society were mobilised so that they may
> keep pressure on their government to address Bangladesh's legitimate demands
> and grievances. At the same time, politically conscious and democratically
> oriented sections of Bangladeshi society need to put pressure on the
> government to desert its subservient foreign policy vis-à-vis India or, for
> that matter, any other country, and assertively raise problems that India
> refuses to address and secure their resolution for national interest.
>
> http://www.newagebd.com/2010/aug/07/edit.html
>


 


__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___