Banner Advertiser

Monday, February 15, 2016

Re: [mukto-mona] Please watch



I have tried to post the following in the Saudi Gazette link that Ms. Majid has provided:

"This article is full of confusions and contradictions. What in the world is 'rigid interpretation' of Allah's words? If you believe that Islam came from what you believe is Allah, you have to follow what the words are; there is no room for interpretation for moderation. However, if you use your human intelligence, the absurdity of your inherited religious beliefs would be obvious.

If you uses your human intelligence, you could not wear hijab with pride. Wearing a symbol of treating women as lucrative objects that need to be protected from the perverted creatures called men can be done with absurd faith, not with human intelligence/dignity. Hijab is not only demeaning to women, it is an insult to men; it assumes men to be incapable of controlling themselves and of respecting women.

There is hardly anything to be proud of being Muslim; Muslims need to promote themselves to Humans, and to keep their religion only to a very personal level. Religion should not be allowed to be in the business of making rules and regulations for family, society or nation. People who are brainwashed to think that they are Muslims remain the most backward class of humans; they need to ask themselves common sense questions such as: Why am I a Muslim? Behind my Muslims identity, is there anything better than my birth in a so-called Muslim family? If Allah made me a Muslim, why did he not send me to the world circumcised, why did humans need to circumcise me?"

As I click "Post Comment" my comments go away, I doubt if it would be posted there by their moderators.

SuBain

============================


On Monday, February 15, 2016 9:25 AM, "Farida Majid bougheyfm3@gmail.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Just as I predicted, Sitangshu has turned nasty because I objected to the content of "Please Watch" video. No explanation by Sitangshu why he thinks we ought to 'watch' the video of this woman preaching misogyny, which, judging from a Saudi Gazette column, is not a mainstream view even in Saudi Arabia, let alone in the Ajami (non-Arabic Muslim) Muslim world.

<<The prevalent Islamic narrative and deviations that project women as inferior to men are detrimental to the nation and undermine the social, economic and political progress. It is critical today to promote moderation among women within our society  ..  >>

http://saudigazette.com.sa/opinion/female-advocates-and-preachers-to-spread-awareness-among-women/


I wrote << Sitangshu will turn nasty if I express any objection to this ugly posting, and he will threaten to resorting to physical violence -- like slapping me. He had employed hurtful, nasty tactics before in New York trying to silence my objection to their mischaracterization of Bangladesh. >>

Just as I predicted -- I am being called a "militant Islamist" because I objected to this immoral, irreligous cult practice in the name of religion.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Sitangshu Guha guhasb@gmail.com [mukto-mona] <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:





__._,_.___

Posted by: Sukhamaya Bain <subain1@yahoo.com>


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190





__,_._,___