Banner Advertiser

Monday, April 25, 2016

Re: [mukto-mona] গোপালগঞ্জে সাধুকে কুপিয়ে হত্যা



I totally agree with you, Dr. Rahman. However, since your comments were based upon what I posted here, let me make sure that you understand that I consider myself outside of what can be called 'the Hindu community', 'enlightened' or not.

Having said that, let me also tell you that I have gotten so disgusted about the murders of secular humanists in Bangladesh that I do not feel like talking about them anymore. Here are two of the comments that I posted on Facebook recently on the murder of Professor Rezaul Karim Siddiquee (on other peoples' timelines): 1) "I am seriously feeling like officially renouncing my Bangladesh citizenship." 2) "It is time for civilized people to be violent against the barbarians."

BTW: This 'sadhu' in my post was no secular humanist or blogger. I got the post from the Facebook timeline of a friend in Bangladesh, and paid attention to it mostly because the crime happened near the rural home of Mujib and Hasina, where the Sheikhs have had historical friendships with some of the historically influential Hindu clans. (The Hindus still remain majority there, but their power has practically vanished over the years after 1947.) The elections of the Sheikhs from that locality is guaranteed by the Hindu votes; and because of the power of the Sheikhs, the Hindu communities there are generally safer than their coreligionists elsewhere in the country.

SuBain

===============================

On Monday, April 25, 2016 10:34 AM, "ANISUR RAHMAN anisur.rahman1@btinternet.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
While this sort of thuggery by Islamist fanatics is utterly condemnable and I applaud the Hindu community's extreme disgust, both in Bangladesh and abroad, I must say that there is an element of sectarianism. When a Muslim blogger is killed in Bangladesh, the Hindu community's disgust is somewhat muted; but when a Hindu blogger is killed, the response becomes much louder. A blogger is a blogger and when he is killed by the barbaric Islamists, everyone regardless of his race or religion should condemn it most vigorously. But that is not what I see in reality.

Probably this sort of sectarianism exists among the Muslim community also, particularly in Bangladesh. But I would have expected a more broad minded response from the enlightened Hindu community living abroad. But obviously that is not the case. It seems we all bring our religious genes with us to the western countries and despite our best efforts, we cannot get rid of it.

At the end I must say that when a blogger/secularist/atheist is killed by the thugs, a man (or a woman) is killed regardless of his race, religion, ethnicity, colour or creed. We must denounce it at the strongest possible terms. It is inhumane to say that we cannot side with him as he is an atheist (like Hasina's son, whose name I detest to even utter, had said after Avijit's brutal murder!). Does Hasina's son deserve to be called a human being? Is he not equally guilty with the murderer/murderers for aiding and abetting the murder. After that statement, the spate of murders accelerated in Bangladesh. One day these animals will be hounded down.

- AR      


On Monday, 25 April 2016, 14:39, "Sukhamaya Bain subain1@yahoo.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
This has happened in the birthplace of Sheikh Mujib and Sheikh Hasina. While I do expect that the criminal will face justice, I have no doubt that in an increasingly Islamic fanatic country, this kind of crimes will increase. Hasina is not doing a responsible duty to her nation by appeasing Islamic fanaticism. When I say fanaticism, I do mean the nation as a whole. Hasina will not be able to control terrorism if she in unwilling to discourage fanaticism.








__._,_.___

Posted by: Sukhamaya Bain <subain1@yahoo.com>


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190





__,_._,___