Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

[mukto-mona] To Mr. A.H. Jaffor Ullah.

With my humble regards to Mr. A.H. Jaffor Ullah, I want to say this evening I have read your article on the Bengali culture in Mukto Mona (written in Bengali). I am sorry to say about culture you are talking. Is there any culture remaining there? The culture which suppress the female being every moments or which one that teaches us to be endure all tortures from in laws because we are the women, not the human. Isn't it? You told about the Bollywood or some other wood, I am sorry I can't recall properly due to the lack of my knowledge. Bollywood means the Bombay which is the present Mumbai, isn't it? I don't know what the problem is. But one thing I can say that it's really spoiling the time only to observe those serials without accepting their thinking. Can you tell me, what is the benefit to carry out a loveless relation without stopping it?
If we ever try to do then we must be shameless in the view of that cultural background. And we must be concern about the family honor. Would you please to tell me which is important; life or honor? If I will never be able to be alive then what will I do with the honor? You feel shame to go back to that culture because it is mingled. But I feel shame to return back there due to the darkness and blindness of social view. I am neither an oriental nor a western, I am my own; whenever and whatever I feel that better I always try to accept. Because I saw those people who always break the promises and also those people who always try their best to keep their promises at any cost. If I accept the view of second group then am I spoiled? To wear jeans instead of Sharee is not the motorization. It's the time to open our heart and I am confirmed we will get a really wonderful new world. Still now we have the time please try to accept the better one instead the
backdated one which is full of tyranny and hypocrisy.
Before finishing, I want to inform you one of my experience which I had last Friday. In the morning I had the guidance for Ph.D. After that it was the lunch break and as usual for having lunch went to university café with other student and professors of my department. And in the middle of the time a Bangladeshi lady (she was introduced herself that she was trying to take an entrance into MA but still now unable because her professor didn't agree to receive her as a student) came to me asked from where I came, where is my husband, which is my husband's profession, does he stay with me, and a lot which I am unable to remember at all. I was really surprised with her behavior. And just I replied that I am a Ph.D. student here with Monbusho Scholarship and I am alone here and after then I am so sorry to say she became more aggressive but still now I don't know why and told my lot of ill words and I feel shame on myself to utter those words anymore. In my
university always I ware Sharee, which is the symbol of my culture and custom. Yes I have accomplished with Japanese custom and culture because I have to survive here then what is my fault if I accept that God is one and only may be from Islam, Hindu, Christianity or Buddhism. Because I did never follow the partition of any religion and I don't want to be a hypocrite. 
And is this the Culture? Then what a Culture we have!
Shovo Noboborsho, 1416.
I am apologizing to spoil your valuable time.
 
Regards/
 
Adhikary, Kakali
Dept of European and American Culture and Information Studies,
Nara Women's University
Nara, Japan.


------------------------------------

****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration:
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
-Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mukto-mona/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mukto-mona/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:mukto-mona-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:mukto-mona-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
mukto-mona-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/