Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

[ALOCHONA] Re: An Unique Bangladeshi Education Institution



Dear Robin

A sense of humour is absolutely vital if one is to be passionate about Bangladesh over a long period of time. I've seen politicians in private - they often make jokes about the state of the nation and the condition of our people. I know I come across as rabid but it is only because there is possibly an audience of those who prop up our current political system. I try never to miss a trick : ) Otherwise I love to try and maintain a sense of humour about my country. In fact,there is an amazingly vast pool of humorous material about our society. One does not even have to be a keen observer - it's all around us.      

Recently in Desh I was complaining in a group of culturally minded people. Very sweet people. I complained that our music (I have a real gripe about it) scene was sub standard. Well, many challenged my brazen comment. I explained that our musical themes tend to be:

1. thumi kuthai

2. thumake kooje pachina

3. oije dheko lal shobuj pothaka

4. oije dheko nil akaash

5. various seasonal vegetables.

I'm happy to report that most smiled knowlingly, some laughed and some looked puzzled : )

Okay - perhaps not so funny in an email but you know what I mean : ) But then, humour is hardly important in our national life. Well, thats another story!

Mind you, if I had been at our film bindustry awards ceremony last year when the audience warmly applauded the proud stage announcement that Emirates was going to show Bangladeshi movies on its Dhaka flights - well I would have turned their ears black and blue.          

I wouldn't be bothered by the name calling you come across here or elsewhere. It's pretty innocent stuff and, perhaps, not worthy of the title of 'invective'. I myself feel like I need to drink a gallon of mouthwash after ranting : ) Though if I can hurt the ignorant sensibilities and pierce the stubborn resistance of blind AL and BNP supporters then its a drink I'm willing to have often.

Man, a Bangladeshi manager in Kuwait, colluding with others, burned a 1,000 passports belonging to Deshi labourers. They claimed it was an accident and are now charging each labourer KD 20 to sign the papers necessary for them to stay in Kuwait and expedite new passports. Thats KD 20,000 or Taka 50 lacs! What a great business idea! Who cares? I don't know anything - except this crap only happens to my people. 

Trying to figure out how to reply politely to Farida. Surely theres a way : )

My best wishes to you.

Ezajur Rahman

Kuwait

 

   

  



__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___