Banner Advertiser

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

RE: [ALOCHONA] We have a long way to go - Democracy (2)



Dear Mr. Aziz Huq,
 
Thanks for nice words and encouragement.
 
I am not a hystorian not a scholar on the subjects I often deal with. It is, all out of living experiences and my focus in life.
I do have few books on hystory in my shelves but what I see everyday, what I made to understand, that always intrigues me and out of love of my people I spent time sharing my opinion, with the hope that this might encourage, unite us to a better understanding.
I did not try to write our hystory rather our common characteristics that affect us today on daily basis.
Glorifying Bengol or Bangalis does not do any good to their present deplorable conditions. For me 'today' is more important than yesterday.Allow me to tell you why.
 
Does any thing pains you when you retire at the end of a day. After reciting Ayatul Kursi what do you say or think. Alhamdulillah, less of persoanl- other than wish for my children, it is my people, often a big sigh then a prayer for a good leader who can change the plight of my people.
I am certain that we do share few common things including a wish for genuine well being of our people and closest of all we do not take our wisdom from Sh.Mujib or Zia.
 
I do not write well, yet I try honestly reflect on the reality. Let me repeat the issue of our "personality' that obscure our positioning in a competitive society. Many Pakistani or Indians I see them in a good positions, few of them I happen to know. I wonder how this guy secured such a position. Only to reflect on this I had to go back. Sonar Banglar treasure diye Shaesta khan or Warren Hesting ki koresilo it is only relevant to researchers, historians. Emperor Akbar allowed a land to East Inida company and that was the begining of great conquer and the rise of Akbar, what pains me at 11.Pm has nothing to do with Akbarer kirti or Zia's courtmarshal on often revolting majors or other officers.
 
At my childhood I have seen my grandfathers pakka building, roof to floor. What it implies, my father  had to ferry small marchandise from Kolkata on his shoulder before he made his fortune 60 years ago. today I walk on silk or wool carpet (with my 100% halal earnings). My  cousins, they are the majority, all barely make a living. Writing or describing my grandfathers buidling's architect how much would help? Ramadan is coming I need to help few of them (some at their late 60s) to eat two square meal. I also see hundreds of them in my village, they desperately need help and this is the history I always see. I do not think they are inferior they do have many good qualities which I do not possess but ignoring their plight is a great disrespect, aberration to my spirituality.
 
I only tried to make my point sighting a fraction of our history. No nation is inferior or far too great. I have been to Uzbekistan very rencently - imagine their past, central asia was the focal point of the world, see them today!
 
You talked about arsenic problem - one REB general manager who stayed at my place narrated this story - a news paper printing a series of stories on arsenic contamination from chemically treated electric poles imported from Philippine. REB investigated the soil around few poles in Chapai Nababgang and found no contamination. You know why his paid journalists run that story line - the newspaper owner has concrete electric pole factory in Thakurgao.
Today arsening contamination is far worse then before and so its reasons. Which is highly political, none of us can deal with the issue with full grasp, highly political water experts will provide you non relevant hypothesis, though it is a very serious issue for our own survival.
 
River that help developed our nation, our civilisation and our treasure, that attracted foreign bandits, today it is our local heroes submits our glory, our water, our treasures to foreign masters for their protection.
It is pertinent that we should write and narrate our current history in truth.  I hope I managed to made my point clear.
 
(on a different note - I wrote to two of our famous poets and novelists. one from the bank of Jamuna and the other from a nearby town of Padma, do you have any writings on these rivers - one politely replied - 'no sir' another did not reply - they are our 71's spirit bearers, write our history).
 
Haque
 
   

--- On Wed, 14/7/10, Aziz Huq <azizhuq@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Aziz Huq <azizhuq@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE%



__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___