Banner Advertiser

Thursday, May 9, 2013

[mukto-mona] [Politiconomy] you-tube video



Thank you all for sending your comments with reference to the you-tube video I forwarded.

------------- I have seen all of that you are referring to.  I have also seen how the police were stoned, hurt and bleeding -- and then some. I have seen the damage and destruction of road-side shops wrecked by the Islamists -- impoverishing their owners who have no recourse to recover their losses. All of you and I have seen all that. But gunning the protesters down with brutalities following the models of  Mubarack, Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, and now Syria's Asad did not not bring peaceful resolution  or perpetuate them in power.  My question is: did the government exhaust all avenues to engage in a dialogue. I don't think so.

I do not believe that the people of Bangladesh will ever let the Islamists rule the country or they would like to see the non-secularists being brutality gunned down either. The country has come to a point of rejecting Sharia Law and Islamism but not Islam as their faith -- as I have been experiencing.  Like most of you, I just want to see that the situation is brought under control by discourses and collective understanding before it goes out of control. 

Thank you-- and no more video.

--
Abdullah A Dewan
Professor and Economics Department Head 
M.Sc(phys), M.S.(nuclr.eng),Ph.D(econ)

703-A Pray-Harrold,
Ypsilanti, MI 48187
adewan@emich.edu
Ph#(734)487-3395


__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___