Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Re: [mukto-mona] “Amra Sobai Raja Amader Aai Rajar Rajatteye ….”



Let see what I said in my previous post. I started with … some people are dragging Rabindra Nath into the discussion of Marxism because of his infamous quote: Amra Sobai Raja …. I just wanted to expand on this particular line of thought.

So, I posed a rhetorical question - if Rabindra Nath was a Marxist or not, and I argued against the notion that he was a Marxist. I think, you will also agree with me there. That can't be an outrageous or slanderous or malicious act. I never accused you of calling him a Marxist; it was my rhetorical question. You must have misunderstood my point.

My intent was to give my interpretations of the quote: Amra Sobai Raja ….. That's all. That can't be an outrageous or slanderous or malicious act.  Can it?

Regards'
 
Jiten Roy
 


On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:09 PM, Sankar Kumar Ray <sankarray62@rediffmail.com> wrote:
 
Where did I say, Rabindranath was a Marxist? Did Dr Subimal Ckakraborty say so?
It is outrageous to say just because Rabindranath looked after revenue administration, he had no right to denounce feudalism. It is slanderous and malicious. Read his introduction to Pramatha Chaudhuri's Rayoter Katha (রায়তের কথা) & Amitabha Chowdhury's     জমিদার রবীন্দ্রনাথ. 




From: Jiten Roy <jnrsr53@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 07:32:55
To: "mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [mukto-mona] "Amra Sobai Raja Amader Aai Rajar Rajatteye …."
 
I know some people in the forum are trying to drag Rabindra Nath into Marxism because Rabindra Nath wrote:
 
"Amra Sobai Raja Amader Aai Rajar Rajatteye …."
 
Was he a Marxist?
 
In my view, the above quote is much more meaningful in the spiritual world, not in the context of the natural world affairs. No doubt - Rabindra Nath was conscious about the social circumstances, but he was much more conscious about the spiritual world. This is my personal opinion only.
  
Not being a scholar or even an avid reader of Tagore-literature, I can only express my own views on the meaning of the above quote. I think, he meant that – we are not insignificant in the kingdom of God; we are all parts of the king of the universe?
 
 
Why do I think so? As far as I know - Rabindra Nath was very much involved in the tax-collection efforts of the family Zamindari business. So, he could not denounce Zamindari. If that is true, he can't denounce feudalism. Otherwise, he may have meant to stand against the British Rajtantra; it's quite plausible. That's why - I believe, above quote has very little meaning in the context of the social revolution.
 
 
Jiten Roy

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.  
Know More >




__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___