Banner Advertiser

Sunday, December 14, 2014

[mukto-mona] Reflections on Bijoy-Dibash



 

I vividly remember that day when we heard in the radio broad caste that Bangladesh has been liberated. I was in the refugee camp in Jalangi, Murshidabad. Soon after, I noticed some people started to pack up their belongings (mostly clothing, cooking utensils, and some residual grains and beans).

I could see Bangladesh On the horizon across the Ganges River. My mind was also on the other side of the river; I could see streets and houses of my little village on my memory lane. I could wait no more, but, we were not allowed to leave the camp right at that moment.
That day is here again, but the feeling is so much different today. Country has been fluctuating between fundamentalism and secularism. The forces belonging to these two polarities have been running the country by turn. There is no national conscientious on the spirit of independence movement; there is no national conscientious on Bangali-Jatiotabad; there is no national conscientious on the Bangali-culture.
Islamic Bangladesh has been the vision of international conspiracy. Unfortunately, a considerable portion of the population still support that vision without understanding that - this is nothing but a poison pill for Bangladesh.
Awami League has been in power now; this party has the responsibility to bring back the national conscientious on Bangali-Nationalism and culture. This is where the future of Bangladesh and Awami League. 
Jiten Roy


__._,_.___

Posted by: Jiten Roy <jnrsr53@yahoo.com>


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190





__,_._,___