Banner Advertiser

Sunday, September 27, 2009

[ALOCHONA] Re- BDR Tragedy, True Findings



Dear Robin,

 

As Barrister Munshi explained I sent him your comments on the BDR mutiny article to which he replied directly to me and then I merely copied and pasted back his reply to Alochona.

 

I had originally been very hostile to Barrister Munshi after I read his book 'The India Doctrine' and some of his other articles which I felt demeaned our liberation struggles in 1971 and also our secularist philosophy. I had asked many intellectuals, writers, lawyers, journalists and politicians (who I thought had similar views to me) to reveal the lies being perpetrated by Munshi. Not a single person came forward to protest his book and uncover the truth. I was extremely saddened and depressed by this response.

 

A few months later I visited Bangladesh again and purchased a copy of the second edition of the book now titled 'The India Doctrine (1947-2007). I realized that I had made the mistake about Munshi and that he was merely trying to expose the truth about Indian activities against Bangladesh. I have had to change my entire outlook due to this book and also because of the lack of support from the pro-Liberation lobby who by their failure to act accepted by default Munshi's interpretation of events before and after 1971. I think it should be made compulsory for everyone to read the book.

 

Regards

 

Sohail Taj




__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___