Banner Advertiser

Sunday, September 27, 2009

RE: [ALOCHONA] Re- BDR Tragedy, True Findings





Could the moderators please confirm that this email is in fact from Sohail Taj and not from someone who is hiding behind that name.

Sadly, we have too many imposters around and it is all too easy to adopt a screen name. Since the name in question relates to a well-known politicain and a man of repute, it is imperative that we ensure its authenticity. I am sure there are people on the forum who personally know Mr. Taj. Could someone kindly verify it from him personally whether he has actually written this email.

for some reason, I have my doubts.

Thanks,

Reza




To: alochona@yahoogroups.com
From: sohailtaj2008@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 06:28:08 -0700
Subject: [ALOCHONA] Re- BDR Tragedy, True Findings

 

Dear Robin,

 

As Barrister Munshi explained I sent him your comments on the BDR mutiny article to which he replied directly to me and then I merely copied and pasted back his reply to Alochona.

 

I had originally been very hostile to Barrister Munshi after I read his book 'The India Doctrine' and some of his other articles which I felt demeaned our liberation struggles in 1971 and also our secularist philosophy. I had asked many intellectuals, writers, lawyers, journalists and politicians (who I thought had similar views to me) to reveal the lies being perpetrated by Munshi. Not a single person came forward to protest his book and uncover the truth. I was extremely saddened and depressed by this response.

 

A few months later I visited Bangladesh again and purchased a copy of the second edition of the book now titled 'The India Doctrine (1947-2007). I realized that I had made the mistake about Munshi and that he was merely trying to expose the truth about Indian activities against Bangladesh. I have had to change my entire outlook due to this book and also because of the lack of support from the pro-Liberation lobby who by their failure to act accepted by default Munshi's interpretation of events before and after 1971. I think it should be made compulsory for everyone to read the book.

 

Regards

 

Sohail Taj




__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___