Banner Advertiser

Thursday, February 23, 2012

RE: [mukto-mona] FW: ...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita--how to deal with each other and our differences



Respected Mr Jiten Roy and  brothers/sisters,

 

I agree with  Mr Jiten  Roy about how should we deal each other and our  differences.

I am grateful to him for his kind words about me.

 

About Jamaate Islami, it is true that I advise them on various issues such as to follow democratic path, avoid all violence, condemn all violence, give attention to rights of women, labor and Non-Muslims, about how to solve or reduce economic injustice.

Mostly they listen to me. However I am not a part of Jamaat organization.

 

Shah Abdul Hannan

 


From: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jiten Roy
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:36 AM
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita

 

 

 

The thought process of most people is not set in stone; it changes with interaction, exposure, knowledge, etc. What I am trying to say is - let's not judge anyone with our preconceived notion. Things change as we go through the various stages of our life.  I tend to judge people by what they say and do at present, not in the distant past. People opt for wrong choices all the time; that's why – some are more successful than others in life. We are betting on choices every moment in our life, many of which lead us to failure. The intelligent people can learn from those wrong choices, and make better ones in the future, while others keep repeating bad ones. I am not talking about criminality here.

   

I am a very simple apolitical minded person, but not naïve. I tend to say things as I feel. I hate duplicity; it's a deceitful way to lead our very limited lifespan. I know politicians say and do different things. If you ask me - I cannot imagine that someone will end his/her wonderful life in that deceitful way. I have nothing but pity for such people. Probably - that's why I am not a politician. 

 

Mr. Hannan appears to be a quite receptive civil gentleman. He is different from others in his tribe. Unlike others in his group, who have surrendered their own thought process, he still possess his own thinking ability. He is definitely not being treated fairly in this forum. I totally dislike it. I appreciate his demeanor of handling the criticism. I could not handle the way he does. I hear - he is the think tank of Jamat in Bangladesh. I hope - he will use his personal vision, as he often espouses in this forum, in his political life to build a lasting communal harmony in Bangladesh.

 

Mr. Hannan appears to be a quite receptive civil gentleman. He is different from others in his tribe. Unlike others in his group, he still possesses his own thinking ability. He is definitely not being treated fairly in this forum. I totally dislike it. I appreciate his demeanor of handling the criticism. I could not handle the way he does. I hear - he is the think tank of Jamat in Bangladesh. I hope - he will use his personal vision, as he often espouses in this forum, in his political life to build a lasting communal harmony in Bangladesh.

I want to take this opportunity to really urge everyone to review his/her own style of criticism of anyone in this forum. As I have said many times before - let's criticize the statement, not the person. I sometimes forget my own advice also; let's use this opportunity to remind us once again.

 

Thank you so much.

 

Jiten Roy


--- On Tue, 2/21/12, subimal chakrabarty <subimal@yahoo.com> wrote:


From: subimal chakrabarty <subimal@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita
To: "mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 11:32 PM

 

Looks like Roy has stepped into the trap of Hannan. In what sense are the Hindus fragmented? And how is it impacting the Indian politics? If Hindus were not "fragmented", how could their influence be wider "in the Indian policy making?" With broader and solid unity would they have more "Hindu agenda" pushed forward? Roy has raised a very serious and thought provoking issue.     

 

From: S A Hannan <sahannan@sonarbangladesh.com>
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com; jnrsr53@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:16 AM
Subject: RE: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita

 

Respected Brother Mr Jiten Roy, thank you. I agree with you.I am not blind to any thing

 

Shah Abdul Hannan

 

From: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com [mailto: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Jiten Roy
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:43 AM
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita

 

 

I thought so; thank you for clearing that.

I know many people equate everything bad about India with all Hindus, including Hindus in Bangladesh . You may be surprised that Indian Hindus, even from West Bengal, have very little concern about Hindus in Bangladesh . Therefore, it will be wrong to punish Hindus of Bangladesh for all wrong-doings of India .

The fact is - Hindus never had brotherhood concept due to caste system, and they are still fragmented. As a result, even though they are majority, I believe, they have limited influence in the Indian policy making. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards,

Jiten Roy

--- On Mon, 2/20/12, S A Hannan <sahannan@sonarbangladesh.com> wrote:


From: S A Hannan <sahannan@sonarbangladesh.com>
Subject: RE: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com , jnrsr53@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, February 20, 2012, 11:49 PM

 

Respected Mr Jiten Roy,

 

The poem is not mine. I do not stand for everything in the poem. However Dada here probably means India and this may have come in the poem because of India 's overbearing ness in some respects.

Shah Abdul Hannan

 

From: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com [mailto: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Kamal Das
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:08 AM
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita

 

 

Sorry, having just woke up, I made a mistake and wrote 'two' in place of 'too'.

2012/2/21 Kamal Das <kamalctgu@gmail.com>

I have heard similar verses earlier written in the post-1975 period.  I wish, I had collected it.  The present poem is a parody of that one.

 "
I had a very different impression of you; I thought - you are a logical person among the bunch".  Lookin' for logic in wrong places/ Lookin' for logic in two many faces?  Does this verse strike a string of familiarity, Dr. Roy?  You should have known that ex-secretary is a Jamaat think tank by affiliation.  He is a regular columnist in Naya Diganta, a daily newspaper preaching pan Islamism of Moududi variety.

 

2012/2/20 Jiten Roy <jnrsr53@yahoo.com>

 

Hannan Saheb,

I was with you almost to the end, until I hit the following verses:

 

"বাঁচতে চেয়ে খুন হয়েছি বুলেট শুধু খেলাম 
উঠতে এবং বসতে ঠুঁকি দাদার পায়ে সেলাম"

 

Is it really the truth or is it a part of your propaganda?

 

I had a very different impression of you; I thought - you are a logical person among the bunch. Are you saying that you guys are slaves/servant of Hindus or do you mean Hindus have enslaved Bangladeshi Muslims, as you have portrayed in your poem? Is this - one of those unguarded moments, bringing out your true communal color? If you think India enslaved Bangladesh , say so, because that was not the meaning of the quoted verses above.  You know very well India is not a Hindu country. India is ruled by Christians, Shikhs, Muslims, and Hindus. Don't blame just Hindus for Indian policies. If you do, it becomes a communal statement.  I am saying this to you because I think you may underatand it. If I am mistaken about you, please let me know; I will apologize right away for my misunderstanding.

You have portrayed yourself as a victim of the circumstances in the first part of your poem.  I was almost feeling sorry for you until I hit the aforementioned verses. Let me ask you, have you ever come clean about the role or roles you or people like you may have played during the independence movement? Have you embraced Bangladesh as a sovereign country, and recognized or apologized to the victims and others who may have suffered due to your roles during that time? Or, are you still thinking that you were and still are correct?  Again, my comments are based on your statements and your association. I could be wrong. If I am, please let me know; I will apologize right away.

Thanks.

Jiten Roy



--- On Mon, 2/20/12, S A Hannan <sahannan@sonarbangladesh.com> wrote:


From: S A Hannan <sahannan@sonarbangladesh.com>
Subject: [mukto-mona] FW:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!interesting poems by Dr Puspita
To: dahuk@yahoogroups.com, "'sahannan'" <sahannan@yahoogroups.com>, lutfulb2000@yahoo.com, "' Sumaiya Kashfi '" <su_maiya1@yahoo.com>, mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com, khabor@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:26 AM

 

 

 

From: Puspita Mita [mailto: puspitadr@gmail.com ]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 2:45 PM
To: progressive-muslim@yahoogroups.com ; manik195709@yahoo.com
Subject:
ধরা যাবে না, ছোঁয়া যাবে না, বলা যাবে না, এমন এক বিচার...!

 

http://www.sonarbangladesh.com/blog/puspita/93842 

 

কথা বললেই- 
কথা বললেই যুদ্ধ অপরাধি 
কথা বললেই ষড়যন্ত্র ফাঁদি 
কথা বললেই দেশোদ্রহী হই 
কথা বললেই মুক্তিযোদ্ধা নই 
কথা বললেই জঙ্গি মৌলবাদি 
কথা বললেই নির্যাতনে কাঁদি 
কথা বললেই জেল হাজতে যাই 
কথা বললেই ডান্ডা বেরি পাই 
কথা বললেই জোওন রাখা দায় 
কথা বললেই কলজে টেনে খায় 
কথা বললেই হচ্ছি গুম ও খুন 
কথা বললেই ছোঁ মারে শকুন 
কথা বললেই বন্ধ চলা ফেরা 
কথা বললে অস্ত্র ধরে এরা 
কথা বললেই লুঠ করে নেয় বাড়ি 
কথা বললেই ভাঙ্গে চুলোর হাড়ি 
কথা বললেই চুয়াল্লিশের ধারা 
কথা বললেই গুলীতে যাই মারা 
কথা বললেই হামলা মামলা করে 
কথা বললেই আগুন ধরায় ঘরে 
কথা বললেই বিপদ ভয়াবহ 
কথা বললেই জুলুম অহরহ 
কথা বললে এতই যদি জ্বালা 
জনগনের মারনাস্ত্র চালা। 

সেই বাহাত্তর- 
সেই বাহাত্তর সেই পচাত্তর সেই হত্যা গুম 
সেই ভয়ঙ্কর দমন পীড়ন লুট লোপাটের ধুম 
সেই দাউ দাউ অগ্নিকান্ড আজো দেখি চলে 
সেই প্রশাসন বাকশালিদের পায়ে পিষে ঐ দলে 
সেই কুটনীতি দিল্লি তোষন প্রতিরক্ষা কাড়ে 
সেই ফ্যাসিবাদ চেপে বসেছে এই জনতার ঘাড়ে। 

আজব স্বাধীনতা- 
ধরা যাবে না ছোঁয়া যাবে না বলা যাবে না কথা 
রক্ত দিয়ে পেলাম শালার এমন স্বাধীনতা! 
যার পিছনে জানটা দিলাম যার পিছনে রক্ত 
সেই রক্তের বদল দেখো বাঁচাই কেমন শক্ত, 
ধরা যাবে না ছোঁয়া যাবে না বলা যাবে না কথা 
রক্ত দিয়ে পেলাম শালার মরার স্বাধীনতা! 
বাঁচতে চেয়ে খুন হয়েছি বুলেট শুধু খেলাম 
উঠতে এবং বসতে ঠুঁকি দাদার পায়ে সেলাম, 
ধরা যাবে না ছোঁয়া যাবে না বলা যাবে না কথা 
রক্ত দিয়ে পেলাম শালার আজব স্বাধীনতা! 

লিখতে চাচ্ছিলাম, কয়েকদিন আগে সংসদে পাশ করা চরম বাকশালী এক প্রস্তাব নিয়ে। লিখেও ছিলাম। লিখার পরই ছড়াকার আবু সালেহ'র কিছু ছড়া দেখলাম। শেষের ছড়াটি তিনি লিখেছিলেন ১৯৭২-৭৫ এর দুঃশাসনের সময়। উপরের দু'টি বর্তমান সময়ে। ছড়া গুলো বর্তমান পরিবেশকে খুব ভাল ভাবেই প্রকাশ করেছে। সে কারণে আমার লিখাটি না দিয়ে ছড়া তিনটি শেয়ার করলাম। হয়তো অনেকে আগে পড়েছেন। 

এক লোক হেটে যাচ্ছিল। একজন ডাক দিয়ে বলে ওই সামনে যাবিনা। 
কেন? 
ওটা আমার জমি। 
ওহ হো... তাহলে ডানে যাই? 
না, সেটাও আমার জমি। যেতে পারবিনা। 
তাহলে বাম দিক দিয়ে চলে যাই? 
না, সেদিকেও আমার জমি। সেদিকে যেতে পারবিনা। 
আচ্ছা, তাহলে পিছন দিক দিয়েই ফিরে যাই? 
অসম্ভব, ওদ
=

 

 



__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___