Banner Advertiser

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Re: [mukto-mona] Personal attacks in Mukto-Mona



I sincerely wish to refrain from personal attacks. But to understand his mindset, I am giving you excerpts from one of his postings made years ago.  "In my childhood, my grandma taught me that I should not feel shy to take pronam from elderly non Brahmins, because a Brahmin is like a 'tulsi' plant always worth worshiping irrespective of it's size."  A person with such upbringing is bound to have worthless opinions.  No matter how resolutely one refutes his 'well researched' opinions with supporting documents, he would carry on shamelessly with his debate like Cyclops. 

I hope to cease to participate in these endless nonsense from now on.  I 

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Sukhamaya Bain <subain1@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Sorry, I did overlook the personal attacks that Mr. Chakrabarty had done on Dr. Das. Let us please forget all the attacks that have been done. Let us not revisit who started it or who did more of it. From now on, let us all refrain from attacking anyone personally.
 
Thanks,
 
Sukhamaya Bain
 
====================================
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] Personal attacks in Mukto-Mona
 
I am amused at the lack of attention by Dr. Bain on the personal attacks that Mr. Chakrabarty has made on me.  In fact he initiated them.  Like a street urchin begging for food, he keeps on begging for informations and want to teach me 'civility'.  A few years earlier, he even apologized to me in a personal email for his lack of manners.  This guy was a few years junior to me at Dhaka University.  Doesn't Dr. Bain think him insolent?

I do not enjoy any discussion with everybody.  Those who find me offensive are requested earnestly to ignore me.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Sukhamaya Bain <subain1@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
I think too much of personal attacking is going on in Mukto-Mona. A case in point is Dr. Kamal Das's nagging personal attacks on Mr. Subimal Chakrabarty.
 
I am sure many of us in this forum have children that are old enough for us to expect maturity in their expressions, especially when they communicate with other people. Let us please try that on ourselves. When appropriate, let us attack the message without attacking the messenger. Let us not use derogatory adjectives or insults on anyone. Direct attacks on individuals are worst, certainly detrimental to the respectability of the attacker.
 
Sukhamaya Bain 
 
 
=====================================
From: Kamal Das <kamalctgu@gmail.com>
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] Burqa banning after RAJUK, now Syedpur's Lions school and college: Minority Islam in Muslim majority Bangladesh
 
Mr. Chakrabarty thinks everybody but me is with him.  Being incorrigibly 'wise' he fails to see that God is a tribal lord.  Even the descendants of Abraham had different Gods.  Allah has ninety nine names, or 'Shayang Bhagwan' Krishna has hundred and eight for that matter, pointing not to so many manifestations but to so many different original constituents.  Most of the findings about Islam in the west is a post-Tagore phenomenon.  Just because some 'wise men' called the prophet 'Maharshi' he doesn't become infallible.  The research on Islam got momentum after Alfred Gillaum translated Ibn Hisham edited biography of the prophet written by Ibn Ishaque.  Whatever Mr. Chakrabarty might read, he comprehends next to nothing.  He should increase the dose of 'pancha gabya' in his diet to improve his comprehension.  May Allah grant him an Islamic paradise.
 
==============================
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Sukhamaya Bain <subain1@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I think Mr. Chakrabarty is denigrating the "we" word a bit too much here. I have no intention of comparing my mind with that of any 'maharhishi' of any variety, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, or Jew. I put Buddha at a higher plane compared to the other 'maharhishis'. 'Maharhishi' or not, we came from our forefathers, and they had their virtues and vices, as we do; there is no need to overly denigrate any party. However, "we" certainly have a higher level of knowledge and intellect. We can appreciate our forefathers' real revolutions in terms of the standard at their time. We can go a bit soft on their crimes, because we came from them, and because we can certainly avoid emulating them. However, it would be wrong to import their primitive wisdom to our time. It would be wrong to apply too much of the superlative adjectives on them, because our present world has too many people who want to follow them by the book, even up to the point of hating innocent people.
 
Sukhamaya Bain
 
==============================================
From: Subimal Chakrabarty <subimal@yahoo.com>
To: "mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] Burqa banning after RAJUK, now Syedpur's Lions school and college: Minority Islam in Muslim majority Bangladesh
 
Thanks for speaking the truth. I will follow your advice. I will ignore personal attacks and say whatever I believe to be right. I personally know and you me. We both are too old to be able to be awakened from our sleep. Over the years we have consolidated our mindset and conviction which seem to be almost unchangeable. Now every one in the forum knows our directions of thought. We are on two different planes and we will never meet. But we we will definitely know each other. 
If you do not agree with Rabindranath you can say any thing you want to say against him as Das I'd now doing. I just wanted to explain why RN said so even though supposedly he must have not supported every thing Muhammad did in his personal life. Our mind is too little to comprehend him. We are neo intellectuals trying to use our leisure time as we have nothing else to do. We are all kind of parasites which we hardly realize. 
You have read the Geeta and you have seen Bhagwan himself, not even a sage, is instigating Arjuna to kill his own cousins and other close relatives to reinstate Dharma. 
Sent from my iPhone
 
===============================================
On Mar 17, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Jiten Roy <jnrsr53@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
Here we go again. I have a suggestion for Kamal Das, and that is – he needs to let go the thread after one rebuttal; he keeps following the thread at no end without realizing where he is heading. It seems like he is trying to wake up someone who is pretending to sleep. There is a point when you have to realize that you cannot change the mind of your opponent no matter how much information you pile up in front of him/her. That's when you stop.
By now every one of us should have an idea about the intellectual aptitudes, philosophical, political, and religious views of all regular contributors to this forum. As a result, there is no need to prove anything. Just tell what your views are on the subject. That's it. You should always expect that, based on someone's intellectual aptitude, philosophical, political, and religious views, he/she will either agree or disagree with your views. I learned this truth from my own observations.
Now, about the 'Maharishi' attribute to Muhammad by Rabindra Nath, I do not know the pretext of the attribution, and it really does not matter to me. I like to judge everything on my own. I do not know any Maharishi ever instructed his followers to kill all non-believers of his views wherever they can find them. I do not know any Maharishi who told his followers to kill all male non-believers and distribute all female non-believers to his followers as booty after capturing them. I know it was in the context of a war, but – still does not make sense to me. Therefore, it will not make an iota of difference in my judgment even if God-almighty tells me that it was the right thing to do. I know – millions will disagree with me, and that's fine with me. I do not want to change anyone's mind; I just want to express my own feelings on the subject.
I know some people draw conclusion about a subject based on views of others, and some draw conclusions to please others. I do not do so; I collect information and then pass that through my own filter(s) to draw a conclusion of my own. The bottom line is – just because some famous people mentioned about something does not make it a truth. I remember Professor Amartya Sen, a Nobel laureate, visited Bangladesh sometime in 2001, just after the election and the worst ever communal pogrom in Bangladesh. Khaleda Zia gave him a reception, and during his speech Amartya Sen said that - Bagladesh was a perfect example of communal harmony. I am sure he knew that he was lying through his teeth just to promote his NGO program in Bangladesh. I hope I made my case.
Jiten Roy
==============================




__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___