Banner Advertiser

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Re: [mukto-mona] Leninism is no Marxism



"This is a grave misjudgement. From Plekhanov to Lenin-Trotsky, from Stalin to Mao, and from Gramsci-Lucas to Althusser one finds distortion of Marx. Marxism is yet to be applied , except partially in Paris Commune and Spanish Revolution (1930s)."

How do you conclude that Marxism was partially introduced in Paris Commune and Spanish Revolution? Why partially? And, what else was missing from that system? I find it very odd that you claim yourself as being not a perfect Marxist and yet, you are ready to judge other systems. Marxism was put in practice by some revolutionary leaders but it just did not work. The experiment went wrong and you conveniently call them Leninism or Maoism? What makes you so sure that Marxism is so precise that it can be applied in its pure form and it should work? I am not sure I understand your lines of arguments. As I said before, you sound like some of our Islamist, who still think that there is a purer form of Islam that solve all our problems.

It is laughable that you still dreaming of a day when pure Marxism will be applied somewhere on this earth and people will start singing Kumbaya my Lord? That sounds like a wet dream to me. 
-SD

 
"I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues."
-Seuss



On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:42 PM, Sankar Kumar Ray <sankarray62@rediffmail.com> wrote:
 
I thought I would refrain myself from the debate about whether Marxism is valid or not.Sadly enough, most of the participants to whom I am too very grateful assume that Marxism has failed. This is a grave misjudgement. From Plekhanov to Lenin-Trotsky, from Stalin to Mao, and from Gramsci-Lucas to Althusser one finds distortion of Marx. Marxism is yet to be applied , except partially in Paris Commune and Spanish Revolution (1930s).

I am giving a link to another piece of mine in Daily Times (must be read critically)

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2013\09\23\story_23-9-2013_pg3_5.

But I want to draw attention of Mukto-mona members to MEGA, the historic project of publishing Marx and Engels, insulated from 'partyocracy. I wrote an introductory on MEGA in kafila.org, but I would suggest all to read
Publishing  Marx and  Engels  after  1989: The fate of the MEGA
Jürgen Rojahn (http://socialhistory.org/sites/default/files/docs/projects/mega-e98.pdf)

Lastly, my knowledge of Marx and Marxism (Leninism etc) is journalistic, not at all profound.
Sankar Ray

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.  
Know More >




__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___