Banner Advertiser

Monday, December 3, 2007

[vinnomot] “Don't worry about me. I am not anxious or afraid about myself. During my solitary confinement I only think about the people of my country & their well being. This is a false case & I am innocent & I will be winning InsaAllah - Sheikh Hasina in court

 

"Don't worry about me. I am not anxious or afraid about myself. During my solitary confinement I only think about the people of my country & their well being. This is a false case & I am innocent & I will be winning InsaAllah. But I have doubt about the out come of justice & please make DOA for me " – Sheikh Hasina in court
 

Similar sentiments & words we had heard from Bangabandhu in 1968 in the beginning of the trial of "Agortala Conspiracy Case "

 

History is repeating again!!!

 

The defence lawyers of Sheikh Hasina challenged the legality of a recent government notice ordering a trial of the case under a special arrangement. They argued that the government cannot issue such an order to a court when the judiciary is separated from the executive branch of the government & only the court has the right to decide how the case will be tried. They said the government cannot issue such an order, if necessary only the SC can direct what to be done with the case. The defence lawyers also told the court of Judge Mohammad Azizul Haque that the government is unmindful of the fundamental rights of the accused, and they should have the right to a public trial in an independent and impartial tribunal.

 

Expressing deep concern over the fairness of the trial, the defence lawyers told the court that sending of the case from court to court by the government proves that the independence of the judiciary still remains only in books while the entire world is waiting to see a truly separated and independent judiciary, especially in connection with a case against a former premiere.

 

The defence lawyers mentioned that the matter of trying the case under the special arrangement is currently being disputed in the HC.

 

They also argued that a judge cannot operate from two offices simultaneously nor can a court be convened at more than one places during a period of time making the special court convened on the premises of the parliament building illegal.
 
For deatil please read the following news:

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  
"Sustha thakon, nirapade thakon ebong valo thakon"

Shuvechhante,

Shafiqur Rahman Bhuiyan (ANU)
NEW ZEALAND.

Phone: 00-64-9-828 2435 (Res), 00-64-0274  500 277 (mobile)
E-mail: srbanunz@gmail.com

N.B.: If any one is offended by content of this e-mail, please ignore & delete this e-mail. I also request you to inform me by an e- mail - to delete your name from my contact list.


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___