Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Re: [mukto-mona] Sleepless Memory - an epic story




@Dr. Bain,
Thank you so much for your kind words. The fact is - we, all, have so many personal stories to tell about the liberation struggle; only a tiny fraction of those has been told. Post Bongabondhu Awami-League is either totally incompetent or deliberately avoiding to tell the real story of the Liberation war. Younger generation is totally at dark about it.
After I wrote this story, I, first, e-mailed it to my two daughters. I always ask them to check Mukto-mona writer's corner, whenever something interesting appears. I would like to encourage everyone to contribute their own stories there for the sake of young generation abroad.
Thanks again.
Jiten Roy
From: Sukhamaya Bain <subain1@yahoo.com>
To: "mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] Sleepless Memory - an epic story

 
Indeed, it is an epic story. Thanks to Dr. Roy for writing it so eloquently. I feel humbled and lucky that I was not a student at Dhaka University in 1971. After 1974, I spent some of my time at Jagannath Hall, and most time at Shahidullah Hall, while I was a student at Dhaka University. Of course, Jagannath Hall was the site of the most indiscriminate killings in the night of March 25-26, 1971, by the Hindu-hater barbarians of Pakistan. While I was not there in that night, I also feel myself like tortured and killed by those beasts, because they hated people like me, and I would have met the same fate had I been there at the time, even if I were an absolutely innocent poor student with no political affiliation and just getting an education via supporting myself through house-tutoring.
 
Sukhamaya Bain
 
From: Jiten Roy <jnrsr53@yahoo.com>
To: Mukto-mona <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2012 7:58 PM
Subject: [mukto-mona] Sleepless Memory - an epic story

 
 
I am sure you have heard many turbulent and tumultuous stories of the liberation war of Bangladesh. This one is different from any of those stories, you may have heard before. I hope you will enjoy it. Your constructive comments or criticisms will be highly appreciated. Please have a look. 
 
Please click on the link below:
http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=1218
 
Regards'
Jiten Roy
 






__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___