Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

[ALOCHONA] Re: This is my Freedom !!!



Farida is a blind supporter of the AL of the hypocritical kind. It doesn't take an enlightened IQ fro me to recognize this. It doesn't take an enlightened IQ for Farida to be a hypocrite either. She thinks my comments on the subject Shahadat has chosen amount to a venture in literary criticism. I praised his subject matter. Faridahas a poor grasp of English. She is a snotty intellectual - perfect material for the ranks of hypocrites who blight our nation.

Here calls Shahadat semi literate, disdains the quality of his English, sneers at his Bangla and then, for some bizarre reason, references 4th graders in Sylhet and Noakhali. God willing all the 4th graders of Sylhet and Noakhali will not turn out to be elitist hypocrites like Farida. I daresay many of those fourth graders could beat Farida in an honest debate about the country.

Farida then quotes me and instead of taking me on she responds with a lengthy spiel about breaking down the walls of Shakespeare!

Shakespeare wrote about everything pertinent to his day and to his people. He took on myths and kings, he took on hypocrisy and liars, he took on politics and dynasties, he gave no quarter to the fairer sex and he spoke out for truth and justice. And you talk about Shakespeare?! If Nazrul and Tagore were alive in 2012 they would tear into our society and mock the political establishment with a heat that would burn the skin of chamchas like Farida.

Here she brags about getting published in the Huffington Post. What a show off! If the Huffington Post ever came to Bangladesh, no amount of praising Shakespeare would divert it from tearing into Farida's beloved government.

We need a Huffington Post in Bangladesh. Then we would see what is appropriate subject matter.

Farida has nothing except the bloodline of Sheikh Mujib.

So much for the 'enlightened fan of Shakespeare.'

Pathetic.

Ezajur Rahman

Kuwait

    

 

 

 


--- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, Farida Majid <farida_majid@...> wrote:
>
>
> The Kuwaiti closet-trapped claptrapper suffering from acute claustrophobia, whose enlightened IQ is limited to heckling imagined "blind supporters" of BD political parties, has ventured into expressing literary viewpoints. He is full of critical praise for this semi-literate Shahadat Hussaini (about whose English I refrain from commenting) whose Bangla spelling and grammar would make a 4th grader village girl of Noakhali or Sylhet LOL. Here is Kuwaiti closet-man advising Shah Dildar:
>
> << Why are you looking for poetic quality first in a
> poem by a retired Lt Colonel? Should he have written something lilting
> and tilting like all the poems and songs that flood our country - poems
> and songs of irrelevant wishy washy crap that have nothing to do with
> anything?>>
>
> Perhaps it is pertinent to share what I wrote recently when I was in the mood for celebrating Shakespeare's birthday with million of readers at Huffington Post:
>
> "How to enjoy reading Shakespeare" /how-to-enjoy-reading-shak_b_1445153_149944562.html
>
> Commented
> Apr 23, 2012 at 17:36:41
>
> in
> Culture
>
>
>
> “Happy Birthday Will
> (his friends wouldn't call him Bill -- check out Ben Jonson's smirky
> poem on him!)!
>
>
>
> Smigelski does a fair job of breaking down the 'wall of resistance' to
> Shakespeare's words. But then, by 'poetic' he presents another barrier
> to be surmounted by these resisters. What needs to be opened up are
> emotional meanings behind the context of the whole pieces of language and their cadence,
> and how cleverly and beautifully those meanings are served by the Bard's
> particular choice of words. This requires an awareness of rhetoric
> which is not hard to grasp once we realize that we use those
> speech-devices all the time, knowingly or unknowingly.
>
>
>
> "Never was seen so black a day as this," has an urgency, an expression of
> agony and loss that the same combination of words with the syntax
> straightened out would not. The utility of poetry, therefore, is its
> ability to cut a long story short, but extend the emotion and the drama.
>
>
>
>
> Of course Shakespeare is modern -- but far more than that. He is always one step
> ahead of us in prefiguring what we might blurt out when challenged
> emotionally under difficult circumstances.
>
>
>
> In his capacity to capture human emotion in its raw immediacy
> Shakespeare is an unparalleled language artist of all times and in any
> language. That he made English the vehicle of his language-art has
> enriched this language immeasurably and made other languages of the
> world envious. (Just ask the French!)”
>
>
> Farida Majid
> To: alochona@yahoogroups.com
> From: shahdeeldar@...
> Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 05:22:20 -0700
> Subject: Re: [ALOCHONA] Re: This is my Freedom !!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I got no problem with the content. The problem is that he should not call himself a poet or a freelance poet. We know poets and he is not!Now, what word you do not understand?-SD
> "All great truths begin as blasphemies." GBS
> From: ezajur Ezajur@...
> To: alochona@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 11:11 AM
> Subject: [ALOCHONA] Re: This is my Freedom !!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Why are you looking for poetic quality first in a poem by a retired Lt Colonel? Should he have written something lilting and tilting like all the poems and songs that flood our country - poems and songs of irrelevant wishy washy crap that have nothing to do with anything?
> It is far more important what he is trying to say. And what he is trying to say is not easy to say. But one can follow what he is trying to say. You can too. Which is why you criticise his style and not his content.
> There are enough soppy poems and songs for you to enjoy all about bloody nil akaash, thumi kuthai, thumake kujthesi, thumake pachina - and similar bulls### themes that define the emasculated Bangladeshi male.
> Bravo to the Colonel's sentiments about freedom in Bangladesh.
> Dull bayonets used bluntly are needed in our language.
> We have enough lily livered, namby pamby, wussy, effeminate bulls&&& for your pleasure. Just watch the next cultural program.
> Ezajur Rahman
> Kuwait
>
> --- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, Shah Deeldar shahdeeldar@ wrote:
> >
> > Hardly, I see any poetic quality in this prose. Col Shaheb should try to sell something else than poetry. It is one of toughest domains of any literature!
> > It feels like a dull bayonet has been used to write the lines. Next poem Sir!
> > -SD
> >
> >
> >
> > Â
> > "All great truths begin as blasphemies." GBS
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Shahadat Hussaini shahadathussaini@
> > To: bangladeshi googlesgroups bangladeshiamericans@googlegroups.com; khabor khabor@yahoogroups.com; alochona alochona@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 5:29 PM
> > Subject: [ALOCHONA] This is my Freedom !!!
> >
> >
> > Â
> > Â
> >
> > Poem: This is my Freedom !!! - Lt Col (Retd) Md Shahadat Hossain, psc  Â
> >
> Â This is my freedom!!!
> >
> > Â
> >
> > I cannot talk in favor of Hartal (Strike), because people would color me as sympathizer of opposition party.
> > I cannot talk against the Hartal (Strike), because people might treat me as likeminded of government party.
> > This is my freedom!!!
> > Â
> > I cannot carry little money alone, because miscreants might abduct or kill me only for that little money.
> > I cannot walk or drive safely on any road, because any careless driver without license might hit or kill me on the spot.
> > I cannot let my daughter go for education singly, because she might be subject to eve teasing.
> > This is my freedom!!!
> > Â
> > I cannot buy minimum food staff with my limited salary due to continuous market price hike.
> > I cannot buy medicine for my sick relatives or children from my earning as I also got to pay bribe for the education of
> my child.
> > This is my freedom!!!
> > Â
> > I cannot talk about truth because my bosses and so called politicians would treat me threatened.
> > I cannot talk about honesty because of too many dishonest people around and the dishonest environment.
> > This is my freedom!!!
> > Â
> > I cannot open my books or news papers due to unclear history of the past and present happenings,
> > I cannot open my TV or Radio because of only â€Å"Talk Shows� even by not competent to speak on the topic.
> > This is my freedom!!!
> > Â
> > However, I have heroic bloods of sacrifice, though backdated of 1971, and a map named Bangladesh,
> > However, I have a flag, red and green, which I host on important dates, named as Bangladeshi flag,
> > However, I have a positive dream named â€Å"survival for the fittest and prosperous Bangladesh�, preserved within me.
> > And this
> is my only freedom of dream!!!
> > Â
> > (The poet Lieutenant Colonel, retired, Md Shahadat Hossain, psc is a freelance poet and writer related to the promotion of Bangladesh who can be reached at shahadatb@ )
> >
>



__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___