Banner Advertiser

Saturday, November 30, 2013

[mukto-mona] Please accept my sincere ‘Thanks’, I really appreciate>>>>>Ref: ‘How Islamists stole a hearing’ etc.



Dear Friends:

I saw a lot of reactions, both positive & negative, for me or against me, in these forums on an article forwarded by me titled, 'How Islamists stole a hearing' etc. I learnt in a hard way not to react with any reactions, but at this time I felt that I should thank you guys for your valuable time and please accept my sincere 'Thanks', I really appreciate.

 

As far as Hindu or religious minority persecution is concerned, it is a routine in Bangladesh and I guarantee, all parties are involved in that.  I always ask two questions to all and want answers:

 

In 42 years history of Bangladesh thousands of temples/ deities were destroyed but there is no such instances that a single perpetrators were punished! If you destroy/burn a bus; you will be arrested and prosecuted. But if you destroy/burn a temple, you can 'walk free'.  During Durga Puja in Oct 1972 (2nd Day) all temples & deities were attacked, some destroyed, that was the beginning, nobody was prosecuted. Still today same thing is going on, nobody is prosecuted or punished. We call it, 'culture of impunity'. Answer me, why?

 

Minority population is dwindling in Bangladesh. It was about 20% in 1972 and now it is about 10%. About 49 million Hindus are missing, where are they? Remember, the chairman of the foreign relations committee also cited the figure. Can anybody tell me what is going on? Please talk your mind, not politics!

 

We know, Bangladesh is a Muslim majority, and we also know in Muslim majority, virtually minority just vanishes and the country become a brut country like Pakistan or Iran or Saudi Arabia. Bangladesh is our motherland, we want it to be secular and we want to live there with dignity & honor, not at somebody's mercy!

 

Just two days before one Mr. Zobair wrote a letter to Ms. Brooks, writer of that article, I also got a copy and wrote him back. I guess I should share some parts of that to you all, unfortunately, that gentleman did not answer me back.  Please read:

 

Mr. Zobair: I read your reply to Ms. Brooks and frankly speaking, I was not surprised, because people like you are never capable of seeing the whole picture. So, its' not your fault, it is the system in which you are grown. -----

 

I think most of the people give AL the credit to be secular in comparison to BNP-Jamat-Hefazot; which is 100% right. You are talking about minority persecution during AL; you are right, but please tell me, during which government minorities were not persecuted in Bangladesh? More widely, in which Muslim countries non-Muslims are growing? Please find out the reason, and don't blame everybody, think why?

 

I was born & brought up in Bangladesh and I know your mindset! Unfortunately what we were taught in schools most of which are half-truth and a half-truth is a complete lie. Let me give an example, in 1965 we were taught in school that India was defeated by Pakistan miserably! Now you know what a lie was that! You must know A.R Rahman, who own two Oscars and he is a Muslim. You know why? Reason is simple, he lives in non-Muslim democratic society and you must admit that in a religion based country nothing grows and that is the main reason why we want Bangladesh get out of the clutches of the militant Islamists! -------

 

You are talking about or against the war crime tribunals, well that is also understandable on your part. Ali Riaz answered that part definitely in a recent hearing in Washington and he said, 'with all those flaws still justice should be served and it is long overdue'.

 

Mr. Zobair, life is beautiful, explore it and find the most of it, if you can. But if you are boxed, and your mind is full of hatred, you will not see the beauty.

 

Thank you very much.

 

Adding one more line, in non-Muslims countries Muslims are better off (it should be the way) than their own Islamic hub; now it is the turn of the Muslims to show the other way; and let that be started from Bangladesh?

Thanks a lot,

Sitangshu Guha

NY.


শিতাংশু গুহ 
৬৪৬-৬৯৬-৫৫৬৯


__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___