Banner Advertiser

Friday, May 25, 2012

Re: [ALOCHONA] This is my Freedom !!!



Thank you Lt.Col Md. Shahadat for writing such a couragious and true picture of out Day today life of Bangladesh. And to all those who did not get it....its a sarcastic poem or deliberation/writing what ever you say it.!!

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Shahadat Hussaini <shahadathussaini@hotmail.com> wrote:
 

 
Poem: This is my Freedom !!! - Lt Col (Retd) Md Shahadat Hossain, psc    
 

This is my freedom!!!

 

I cannot talk in favor of Hartal (Strike), because people would color me as sympathizer of opposition party.

I cannot talk against the Hartal (Strike), because people might treat me as likeminded of government party.

This is my freedom!!!

 

I cannot carry little money alone, because miscreants might abduct or kill me only for that little money.

I cannot walk or drive safely on any road, because any careless driver without license might hit or kill me on the spot.

I cannot let my daughter go for education singly, because she might be subject to eve teasing.

This is my freedom!!!

 

I cannot buy minimum food staff with my limited salary due to continuous market price hike.

I cannot buy medicine for my sick relatives or children from my earning as I also got to pay bribe for the education of my child.

This is my freedom!!!

 

I cannot talk about truth because my bosses and so called politicians would treat me threatened.

I cannot talk about honesty because of too many dishonest people around and the dishonest environment.

This is my freedom!!!

 

I cannot open my books or news papers due to unclear history of the past and present happenings,

I cannot open my TV or Radio because of only "Talk Shows" even by not competent to speak on the topic.

This is my freedom!!!

 

However, I have heroic bloods of sacrifice, though backdated of 1971, and a map named Bangladesh,

However, I have a flag, red and green, which I host on important dates, named as Bangladeshi flag,

However, I have a positive dream named "survival for the fittest and prosperous Bangladesh", preserved within me.

And this is my only freedom of dream!!!

 

(The poet Lieutenant Colonel, retired, Md Shahadat Hossain, psc is a freelance poet and writer related to the promotion of Bangladesh who can be reached at shahadatb@gmail.com )





__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___