Banner Advertiser

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Re: [mukto-mona]



Dr. Roy is getting inattentive lately.  The army crackdown occurred in the night of 25th March, two days later than his mentioned date.  Pakistani army faced resistance as much that could be offered by bamboo sticks two and half cubits long.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 6, 2014, at 10:29 PM, "Jiten Roy jnrsr53@yahoo.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 


  


Obviously, Chakraborty did not understand my statement. I did not say Pakistani Army did not face any confrontation; I said Pakistani Army did not face enormous confrontation while marching through East Pakistan. That's the fact.

I was there when Pakistani Soldiers entered Bogra Town; I was also there when they entered Natore Town. I saw how much confrontation they faced in both cases. They just moved into these town and setup camps. As they were coming towards these towns, they were setting fires on houses of poor villagers alongside the highways leading to these towns. We were following their advancement by looking at smokes on the sky. Right after entering these towns, they unleashed mayhem on Hindus. At that point, they were only targeting Awami-Leaderships in the locality.

Chakraborty also did not understand my statement about running the country under Army control. I did not say running the country smoothly from the very first day. The fact is – most of those 9 months country was running normally. School, college, court system, government offices, business, etc. reopened. Even Dhaka University, where liberation struggle started, reopened.

After spending 9 months in the refugee camp, when I started to attend my classes in Dhaka University, my classmates told me that - they have already gone through those courses once, and they were revising them again with us. I was so unhappy that I was attending them for the first time while they were given the same lessons twice. I was thinking – how am I going to compete with them after being out of touch with my studies for 9 months?  This appeared to me very unfair. They also told me everything attained some sort of normalcy in a few months after the Army crackdown on 23 March.

I am sure Chakraborty had the same experiences. Hope this will clarify his misunderstanding.
Jiten Roy


 




On Sunday, July 6, 2014 10:25 AM, "Subimal Chakrabarty subimal@yahoo.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Das's first sentence is good and will encourage a healthy debate. The second sentence reflects Das's mindset that it is only he who comprehends history perfectly well. Whatever I have written is based on articles written by competent authors.  I believe instead of trying to shut one's mouth, the debate should be taken to a higher level. We need to remember that BKSAL was created in 1975 while Mujib had been in the bad book of the countries that directly or indirectly acted against Bangladesh's liberation. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2014, at 6:43 AM, "Kamal Das kamalctgu@gmail.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Bhutto was punished for land reform, and Shaikh was for political reforms and formation of BKSAL.  If you don't comprehend history, don't concoct it.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 5, 2014, at 1:49 AM, "Subimal Chakrabarty subimal@yahoo.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Red carpet welcome given to Bhutto is often seen as an insult to our great liberation war. After all Bhutto was a villain. Interestingly both Bhutto and Mujib were punished for the  'crime' of splitting Pakistan into two. While Bhutto was executed by the Pakistan army itself, Mujib was executed by 'an extension' of it. 
It is also noteworthy that both Mujib and Bhutto with great promises brought an end to actual and virtual army rules in Pakistan. While Bhutto quickly surrendered to evil forces like Islamists, Mujib did not. But Mujib was struggling to do some thing good to the economy devastated by the war. One strategy he followed was to get support from countries not friendly to Soviet Union. Despite opposition from within he attended the Islamic Conference in Lahore. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2014, at 12:29 AM, "Kamal Das kamalctgu@gmail.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Three million debate ain't over.  After assertion of such casualty, a red carpet welcome was given to Bhutto.  Nine months of liberation war could not have a comparative casualty of twenty year long Vietnam War.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 30, 2014, at 9:36 PM, "Shah Deeldar shahdeeldar@yahoo.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I do not see any connection between going after criminal bastards and three millions deaths. Even thirty thousands would be too many. Why the numbers are so important when we do not even know the exact numbers of Razakars of that time? The deaths could be even more than three millions? Why that is not a possibility considering us being the champions of inaccuracy and impreciseness? I think three millions debate is over. Lets stick to the number and move on.
-SD   
 
"I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues."
-Seuss



On Monday, June 30, 2014 3:48 AM, "ANISUR RAHMAN anisur.rahman1@btinternet.com [mukto-mona]" <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Mr Mannan,

Your endeavour to expose those "jaroj" or 'bastard' people in Bangladesh is admirable and I hope that you succeed. I am with you. But my request would be that whatever you say should be based on facts - pure and undiluted, not heresy or gossip. If you resort to massaging facts, however small, to make the case stronger, then people will reject the whole story and think that this story is one of "those".
 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Kamal Das <kamalctgu@gmail.com>


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190





__,_._,___