Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Re: [mukto-mona] One Pakistan by Nehru, Two Pakistans by Indira



I am moved Mr. Rahman. You have pinpointed to the ugly face of politics. How much of the 13-point movement by Hefajat do these juveniles understand? How much of atheist bloggers accusation can they grasp? They are probably the most unfortunate kids of the poorest and underprivileged citizens. On their poverty and illiteracy thrives the ugly politics. They become the sacrificial lambs. 

Sitting in a far distant place I will not be able to assess in actuality how serious the seize by Hefajat was. I have been thinking for the last two days if this massacre was really necessary or the situation could have been handled in a better way. For the last several weeks I have been noticing that AL has been overreactive. I hope AL will change it's strategy and tactics. Persecution will not help. After all I don't want the country to be lost to forces of darkness. AL has a big responsibility. 

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2013, at 9:17 AM, QR <qrahman@netscape.net> wrote:

 


QR, your views will say everything about you. The problem is - your views are complex, which often contradicts everything you say. For example, you said: "I cannot defend Taleban or Hefazot or any other activists. As I am not connected to them. Therefore, it is hard to speak on their behalf."
 
What the heck this statement is supposed to mean. Nobody is asking you to speak for Hefazote or Taliban; you speak for yourself, and when you cannot do that - it says something. We can read between the lines.


>>>>>>>>>>>> As I said, last two days allowed most of us to understand this organization little better. Based on what I have seen, the allegations are very serious and sure it violated core values of Islam. As always I like to see people behind vandalism punished. it appears some of the members were forced to come to Dhaka and they were juveniles. This practice NEEDS to stop as soon as possible. Bangladeshi politics is no picnic and involving clueless kids is immoral.


Shalom!
 





-----Original Message-----
From: Jiten Roy <jnrsr53@yahoo.com>
To: mukto-mona <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, May 7, 2013 7:31 pm
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] One Pakistan by Nehru, Two Pakistans by Indira

 
QR, your views will say everything about you. The problem is - your views are complex, which often contradicts everything you say. For example, you said: "I cannot defend Taleban or Hefazot or any other activists. As I am not connected to them. Therefore, it is hard to speak on their behalf."
 
What the heck this statement is supposed to mean. Nobody is asking you to speak for Hefazote or Taliban; you speak for yourself, and when you cannot do that - it says something. We can read between the lines.
 
As I said before, I agree with you – about personal verbal attacks. All of us should try to avoid it. I admire your coolness in your deliberations; I am trying to learn from you.
 

Also, as I said before, most people, contributing regularly to this forum, are either irreligious or indifferent of their parental religions. Not many Muslims can do that openly, even though there are thousands of them in this forum. That's probably the reason why we don't hear from them quite often. It is hard to be a freethinker when you are faithfully married to a religion. Then, there are others who come to this forum with intent to push politics and/or religion. So, we get to know a mixed bag of people here. I, really, do not think you will find too many communal people here. Criticism of a religion is not a communal act unless it is intended to inflict harm on a community or people. No religion is perfect. In fact, most of them are faulty. If you avoid criticism of other religions only to avoid criticism of your own, that act won't be a freethinker's act. 

You are welcome to opine on anything in this forum. 
 
Jiten Roy
 
--- On
Tue, 5/7/13, QR <qrahman@netscape.net> wrote:

From: QR <qrahman@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] One Pakistan by Nehru, Two Pakistans by Indira
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 6:32 AM

 
Just look at what Hefazoti Islamists have done in Bangladesh. Even Quran and Hadith were not spared from these peaceful religious activists. They have surely 'changed' the peaceful outlook of Islam that you preach all day, isn't it? Still, you have trouble to denounce them.

>>>>>>>>>>> You can go back one year and look at every post I wrote. You will NOT find me "Endorsing" violent people. I can say this with certainty because I do not endorse violence. It is true last month Hefazat workers were very peaceful. Some members were pressing me to make a comment. Since I did not know much about them, I did not endorse them.

Sadly, this lead to those "Highly educated" members to ASSume that, I am supporting them.

I said it before and I'll repeat it again. I can explain about Islam to best of my ability (Since most members lack knowledge about it). I cannot defend Taleban or Hefazot or any other activists. As I am not connected to them. Therefore, it is hard to speak on their behalf.

Another member ( I think it was Bain) "ordered" me to clean up Bangladesh from Islamists type of people. not touching the filthy personal attacks.

Are these RATIONAL comments?

It has been a repeated theme here in Mukto-mona. Some atheists and non-Muslim members feel free to verbally abuse people (Personally) and attack Islam but expects ALL Muslims to respond to them "Perfectly". A very unrealistic and childish attitude.

I have denounced the violent book burning. Maybe you have not read it. But that does not stop these "Gentlemen" from acting irrationally. It is just a "Bangladeshi" Muslim after all.

I have seen many Muslims leaving this very forum who were quite fair in their approach. Last one was a freedom fighter!!


I thought I made it abundantly clear that, I do not support violent extremists of any religion (Including mine). You gotta read my posts a little more carefully to keep up with it my man!!


Take it easy.


Shalom!






__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___