Banner Advertiser

Saturday, July 18, 2009

[ALOCHONA] (unknown)



From Palasy to Bangabhavan: A Drama on U Ahs Selling Bangladesh

                               

 

Abid Bahar

abidbahar@yahoo.com

         
                         Introduction: Bangladesh for Sale
This work is a search for the truth that transcends elaborate deceptions. Here we have used fictious names. We begin our journey in Lakhipur of Noakhali in Bangladesh where Hari and Ahamed, two good friends originally came from and ironically placed their names in Bangladesh history. Ahamed used to call his childhood friend Motimon Hari as in short Hari and Hari called Uddin Ahamed as U Ah. When young, they occasionally spent time in their village bazar restaurent to chat about their future plans. U Ah was very ambitious and his dream was to become the president of Bangladesh and Hari simply wanted to be a journalist and to be with his family and live a modest life. Hari briefly left Noakhali for Assam with his father to work there in his father's business and U Ah left Noakhali for Dhaka for his studies. Hari use to say, it is not easy to become the president of a country. U Ah reply was it was his fortune teller's predictions. He planned to become the president by hook and crook..

 

He planned to first join the army then become the president. Hari said by that you mean you will kill the existing president. U Ah's reply was that he will use any any means possible. Hari asked, intrigue that is, that is a bad intention. That is betraying with the fate of millions of people. U Ah smiled carcastically and said I can bet you I will not be the Mir Jaffor. But if in this mission, I act like the Mir Jaffor, will you be the Roy Birlob? Hari said that is not funny and I am not from a family background of a banker like Roy Birlob. Did U Ah finally become the president of Bangladesh?                                              

-------------------------------------------

Scene 1: Indian Highway into Bangladesh

It is 2007, the month of October; clouds in the shy of Dhaka looked like some angeles showering blessings from the sky. As the day receded to afternoon, a small dark cloud appeared in the western corner of the sky, slowly began to engulf the entire sky. The incoming clouds began to look demonic. In stead of bringing gentle shower, it began to drop hail storms. People started moving in every direction. Some of the bystanders who took shelter said "What is this; we have never seen something like this before?" The hail storm lost its strength and there appeared a pause, then the Sun appeared again and people began moving. In front of the Indian Embassy in Dhaka, taking advantage of the pause, some of the the invited guests in today's party began arriving through the backdoor. The security checked them as Montasir, Kabir, and some unknown faces. Through the front door some known political figures and some foreign dignitaries began to arrive. Inside the embassy there is confidential directives began to arrive from New Delhi.)


Cring, ...cring, ...cring!
Pina: Yes!
Roy Chan: Roy from Delhi.
Pina: Yes sir!
Roy: How are things in Dhaka?

Pina: Good sir. We have guests coming in to attend the party.

Roy: Who are the guests?

Pina: You know; those that want to keep Bangladesh a progressive country. I sent invitation to many people. Am I breaking the protochol to give parties in the embassy?

Roy: No, our policy is to break the protochol; after all we planned to undermine Bangladesh. We want to turn Bangladesh into a dependent country of India. Carry on! Overall, how are things going on?

 

Pina:  Things are moving well in our favor. There have been nationwide strikes going on every week. Hasina is doing a good job. The Shascha shebok Bahini is in control of the streets. The newspapers are attacking the Jamat Party, the killers of 1971 war. 
Roy: I am glad to hear that Bangladesh is not doing well in Khalida's second term; in her first term though, with Saifuddin as the finance Minister she actually had helped Bangladesh to prosper. That was a very bad news for us. If Bangladesh prospered like that, you would have seen many many rich businessmen and intellectuals in Dhaka; which means a trend toward moderanization and development.


Listen to me, you are a Bengali and I am also a Bengali from West Bengal but these former Pakis call themselves as the Bengalis will never listen to our advice unless we don't stop them from growing into a democratic country. Look! India is a big power. We have used India Doctrine in Nepal to have the palace coup. We took Sikkim, Goa, Hydrabad, and Kashmir. We have divided Pakistan. If we don't stop this trend in Dhaka, these once hungry Bangladeshis of the 70's bottomless basket case will act like our equals. Do you remember Ram Mohon use to call these Muslims as "Invaders to our Ram Rajo?"
Pina: Sir what are you talking about? You are going into too extreme. Aren't you?

 

Roy:  No, look! We asked them to give us transit to the five sisters. We are a peace-loving democratic nation; this Islamic terrorist nation denied us to our right. Bangladesh is part of our Akhanda Bharata. Listen to West Bengali progressive leader Buddho Dev Bosu, he will tell you what kind of people Bangladeshis are. Do you remember, Nehru said the whole subcontinent belongs to India and one day it will be part of India again?  Look, if we don't play politics in Bangladesh now they will never give us transit. How dared are they? They want in exchange transit to Nepal. When we block all the rivers, make them thursty, only then they will understand our power. Only then these bloody Bangladeshis will listen to us. My father was a zaminder of Bogra; he used to cut the beard of these fundamentalists to punish them. That only worked.


Pina: That is too strong but I a kind of agree with you. Yes, these are tough cookies. But they will crumble. So we have to make an elaborate plan.
Roy: Look, we have to have several options on the table. The #1 goal is to install a puppet army regime in the model of Pakistan
#2. If it fails, we will bring Hasina to power with conditions. If that fails we will continue agitation against Khalida through the Shascha Shebok bahini.  
Pina: How to do all this sir?
Roy: For option one; we have to bring out our choosen army chief. He will declare politicians as corrupt and start the Khalida-Hasina minus two policies. He has to arrest and discredit the civilian leadership.
Pina: But we don't have a pro-Indian General in the army.
Roy: You will find one. Any opportunist guy will do!


Pina: Wait sir, I know one, he is U Ahamed who is a very junior person among the potential candidates but he is from from Noakhali, from the same district as Khalida is. He can use his district favoritism. But this is going to be difficult to sell.
Roy: No, nothing is difficult. Did you talk to U Ahamed? Is that the name?
Pina: Yes, his name is U Ahamed.

Roy: He has strange name. What is U for?

Pina: I don't know the details. Once we played golf together. He is very angry with Khalida and an AL supporter in disguise and a very ambitious person.


Roy: That is what we want. Do you remember Mir Jaffor of Bangla? Yes. We have to use him to work for us. Mir Jaffor was the General so we will make U Ahamed as the General and we will use our hidden hand to make him as the chief of the staff.
Pina: But how?


Roy: I will let you know. You already know, Hasina is also not a good candidate for us. She has too much bad name as a pro-Indian leader. We need a fresh face. If that doesn't work we will see. I talked to the high officials in Washington; they agreed to lease Bangladesh to us for a hundred year.


Pina: What you mean by that?
Roy: Bush administration gave us the green signal. It allowed Israel to be in charge of the Middle East and gave South Asia and South East Asia to India. From this deal, you see Bangladesh belongs to India. But not so fast! We have to prepare the ground to buy it. It's a secret deal. 


Pina: I am for it. What do I have to do?
Roy: We have asked the DC to change the present Bangladesh friendly ambessador for an India friendly hypocrite guy, who will be good at saying something and doing the opposit. We will have the UK's Bangladeshi origin ambassador also changed.
Pina: Why all this?


Roy: Do you still have to get trainning on India Doctrine?
Pina: I know roughly what India Doctrine is also known as Nehru Doctrine. But this is more than that.
Roy: Yes, precisely. In case you don't know, our panditji said: "India will inevitably exercise an important influence. India will also develop as the centre of economic and political activity in the Indian Ocean area. The small national state is doomed. It may survive as a culturally autonomous area but not as an independent political unit."


Do some homework on this man u for a U turn in Bangladesh politics and let me know in two week's time. In the mean time, send some one to meet him privately.
Hari (an embassy staff): Who was that?
Pina: It is the boss. We have to send someone to U Ahamed.

Hari: He was my childhood friend. I used to call him U Ah.

Pina: Good! Very good! Excellent!

                            

                         Scene 2: Hari and U Ah's Joy ride of U Haaaa

                                  (Hari phones U Ah at the cantonment to talk about good news)
Cring..... Cring!
U Ah: Helo?
Hari: This is Hari, do you remember me? Your childhood friend
U Ah: Who?
Hari: Hari?
U Ah: Wrong number!
Cring Cring!
Hari: This is Hari again. U Ah, please don't show off. I heard that you are a big boss. But you aren't yet the president of Bangladesh.
U Ah: Harrrrrrrrri. How are you?
Hari: I am fine. You are the Lieutanent General, very close to being the General, right?
U Ah: But as you said, I am not the President yet. Now, what do you do for living?
Hari: I am a part time journalist for the Akota newspaper and work full time at the Indian embassy in Dhaka.
U Ah: That is good!
Hari: I only work as a clerk. I didn't finish my graduation. But trust me; I have a very special gift for you.
U Ah: What? Tell me?
Hari: Shall I say it on the phone?

U Ah: Go ahead, Bangladesh ihas been sleeping and I am the only person awake to listen to you. Hari: I will help you become the president of Bangladesh. Do you still have the dream?
U Ah: Are you crazy, a clark can help me become the President of the country?
Hari: You will also have Indian six white horses; the highest honor given to a foreign dignatory. But do you still have the dream of becoming the president?
U Ah: Can we go out for dinner? 
Hari: At the Sheration Hotel on Saturday night?
U Ah: Fine.

                    Scene 3: The Battle of 1/11
Roy: What is the news?
Pina: You mean about U Ahamed? He agreed. He even said he will bring revolution in Bangladesh. He will arrest all the top leaders, torture them and he will call his revolution as "Jagu Bangladesh." But the problem is he is short and doesn't have that much charisma.


Roy; I don't mind him being short. But charisma, yes. Don't worry; we will make up his charisma. We have to start work. The election date is coming soon and we have to use Hasina to create chaos. She will be in against the BNP Jamat and against Golam Azam, the hated war criminal. Rame is the shecha Sebokh chief, he is our man. He was a nominal shop owner in Bangladesh, now we made him the key person. In course of time we will make him Bangladesh's water minister to help us open our Tipaimukh dam. As soon as Khalida resigns we will use Ahamed and Hasina's dao and boyta war against Yes Uddin. Ahamed's army will campaign against Yes as corrupt.

 

 We have to make the word corrupt and terrorism as key terms. You know propagating an issue repeating the key words is very effective. If we have problem to make an easy entry for Ahamed, we will use the UN Secretary to stop the constitutional requirement of conducting the election on the scheduled day. Bush administration will do anything we want. All Bush needs is to ask the Secretary and the Secretary will phone Ahamed. Remember! Together we are fighting against Islamic Fascism all over the world. In this crusade Bush is our man.


Pina: Excellent sir, our men in Dhaka are ready for action.
Roy: We have to create a climate of anarchy first to have the army to take over. The plan is first to install a new care-taker government backed by the army and later on U Ahamed will take over as the Military strongman. This will be our mission of the Pakistanization of Bangladesh. Then officially India as a democratic country, will criticize the army rule in Bangladesh.
Pina: Sounds good to me Sir! We are ready for action.

 

                        Scene 4: The Jagu president
                       (Six months later U Ah's office in the Cantonment)
Cring! Cring!
U Ah's secretary: Sir you have a phone call from the UN.
U Ah: Helo. UN, yes sir!
Hari: It's not the UN, it's me. I am calling from the embassy. Yes, I was told you will have a phone call from the UN.
U Ah: When?
Hari: Any time now.  It will be a phone call from the UN instructing you to force the Care Taker Government to resign. You will go to Bangabhavon and force the president to sign documents to declare emergency and immediately after start arresting the political leaders.

U Ah: Yes, I will promise that we have all the pro-Indian advisors in power but can I be the president? Trust me; I will also make sure the transit is given to India.

Hari: You can't be the president so first even if you promise us everything.

Cring, Cring, (telephone ringing)

U Ah's Secretary: Helo, UN?

Hella: What UN? It's me.

U Ah: (Hung up the phone)

Hella: Why did you drop the phone?

U Ah: Don't ask me why. Get lost.

Hella: You the conspirator guy! Who is going to be your victim this time? I am your wife don't hide from me. I know everything. I am worried; you are in a risky business. For his India love, people didn't let Khalid Mosharaff to leave the town.

U Ah: I am using Bari to torture my opponents. If you keep bothering me, I will use him to shut up your mouth. Ok? Stop disturbing me when I am at work!

Hella: You can't stop me, you coward! I will disclose all about your cyclone Sider Fund story.

                      Scene: 5 U Ah, the Mir Jaffor of Bangladesh

(During the Care Taker Government rule, Hari and U Ah at Sheraton hotel lawn having dinner together) 
Hari: I have a bad news for you; the boss thinks despite the anti corruption propaganda and the arrest and the minus two formulas to bring a pro-Indian military rulel nothing is going well in favour of you. It doesn't seem to be a possibility that you will be the president. You draw excellent strategy to help us but Bangladeshis will not accept a military government. This is also because the stubburn Khalida doesnt want to leave. She even calls you the Mir Jaffor.

U Ah:  It's true she is the one who selected me to be the chief of the army staff. But what can I do?
Hari: Look, I heard from high officials that Hasina will be reinsteaded ofcourse with the condition that she will allow the Indian Highway into Bangladesh and give India the transit and pass the anti-terror Act to control the anti-Indian discontent in Bangladesh. Don't worry if Hasina accepts, she also has to accept our preapproved cabinet.   
U Ah: Whose cabinet?

Hari: Hasina's cabinet.

U Ah: Oh no. What about me becoming the president?
Hari: Are not you the Jagu President?
U Ah: You are joking, people started calling me Mir Jaffor of Bangladesh. They say, Mir Jaffor sold Bangla to the British and I sold Bangladesh to India. I fell embarrased to hear this. I didn't sell Bangladesh. Look! I don't like Hasina also. Hasina was not my choice. I just wanted to be the President.


Hari: Forget about becoming the President. If you want to be safe in Bangladesh, you better help Hasina to be reelected. In the name of anti-corruption drum up continous anti-BNP propaganda in the national news papers. There is discussion going on about digital election to make Hasina the Prime Minister with a landslide victory.
U Ah: Why? That is going to be digital deception. Do it for me please. How is that possible to elect her? She is also not so popular. She and her AL leaders were also charged on corruption charges.
Hari: You are a lost case. India wants transit. Hasina must give it to India. Anti-BNP propaganda and now the digital deception is the only way to go.


Hari: I heard they will do the old idea of manufactring of consent. Hasina will make India happy and it will help Bangladesh to prosper. I am sure, if Bangladesh has more pro- Indian people like you, India would erase its India Doctrine to make Bangladesh a prosperous country. But they are not counting you as the future President.


U Ah: Man! I even thought India Doctrine is good for Bangladesh.
Harri: You are my friend. I don't hate you. More than anything, do you know what I hate? Bangladesh has developed some intellectuals and stubburn businessman who call themselves as the independent-minded Bangladeshi nationalists against the India Doctrine and are against the Indian Dams. My friend's news paper Oikho and Daily Etoli are trying hard to form a pro-Indian, pro- liberation youth in Bangladesh but I hope Bangladeshis will understand this type of progressive pro- Indian democratic thinking is the only way to help bring changes in Bangladesh. 

 

U Ah: Man! I am confused.

Hari: You see the oldman with a blanket sitting under the tree.

U Ah: Seems like he heard all our discussion.  
Mujibur: Yes, son!  I heard everything you said.
U Ah: Who are you?

Mujibur: I am your father.

U Ah: Are you Mujibur, the father? What are you doing here? People even think you are dead.

Mujibur: You know I am a revolutionary, I know how to save myself. I saved myself during the liberation war and they even couldn't kill me in 1975.

U Ah: No, it was your uncle that they killed. I only became blind but lucky I am alive and I have been following you.

U Ah: Get lost you stupid father!
Mujibur: I am not the father. I am the Mir Kasim. I am helping people to be united to lobby against India. To fight against Mir Jaffors like you who committed the biggest crime in Bangladesh.

U Ah: What did I do?

 

Mujibur: You sold Bangladesh to India on 1/11. You are an opprtunist. Using the excuse of being from Noakhali you asked Khalida to make you the chief of the staff. Taking Hasina's Dao and Kaski riots, you as planned, went to Bangabhabn and forced the President to declare emergency and cancelled the election. You violated the constitution. You began arresting Hasina and Khalida. You put the former Prime Ministers in jail. You had arrested and tortured our businessman both big and small. You stunned the business. You arresed the civilian leaders and tortured some in torture chamberes. You shamed the nation. You went to India to be honored with red carpet reception. Why? You are a Bangladesh government's civil servant; you should not have allowed them to break the state protocol to deal with you. You were awarded with six horses. Why?

 

U Ah: The AL calls you the father of the nation. Please shut up! You are only a shadow.  If you are real, you will be unsafe with your new ideas. Look!  I wanted to establish a jagu Bangladesh. You are blind. You don't see what I see. 

 

Mujibur: Only the blind are blessed not to see it but are probably more aware than the rest of you. When I had eyes I was equally deceived by the so-called friend. In 1974 I even asked my enemy-friend to build a dam which you now call India's Tipaimukh. Assuming them as friends I asked them to help us control flood in my locality. Ask the historian Aynur. I thought India was our friend. With West Bengal, I thought we are all Bengalis. But we are not.  India and its allies working in my party were more responsible for my declining popularity than anything else. Look,I began to lose my popularity in Bangladesh due to my consent given to open the Farakka Dam. Look!  I have been a democrat all my life but the pro-Indian Communist Party of Bangladesh and its leaders like Singh and Sen were inspiring me to form the one Party BKSAL system. I truly believe that if I remained a true democrat, nobody could have touched me. People gave me so much love! To help Bangladesh turn into a dependent state, I can see a lot of Indian spies are working in Bangladesh. Then Maulana Bhasani repeatedly warned me of Indian agents, but I didn't listen to him. Only during the mid 70's, I began to realize that India is truly a reactionary state. We are totally wrong to take them as friends. Look!

 

I am saying this from my experience, when a country becomes independent; it is on its own. It has to develop skills to survive. If it fails to develop skills, it becomes food to the the bigger and intelligent creatures. It has to be alert. India had the RAW but what do we have? No Bangladesh Institute for Indian Studies. No Institute for Burma Studies. We don't have department of religious studies to understand religious fundamantilism. How is this country going to survive? U Ah, What you did to your country is to destroy the skills. You have arrested every businessman; you arrested anybody who is your opponent. You work for India.

 

U Ah: Father! What is wrong in helping India? How India could be that bad? It is the biggest democracy and a peace loving nation?

Mujibur: Try to understand it better. Listen to what AB said in his review of MBI Munshi's book India Doctrine: "India Doctrine is not a myth; it was born with a brain to make people suffer for the sake of a chauvinistic nationalim called Brahmoism. When one reads the history of Brahmo imperialism in South Asia, Nehru's India Doctrine makes sense."

 

U Ah: That is nonsense.

Mujibur: Tui Akta Baeadop! Now, listen to me, it is the mindset especially of the Indian Congress Party which practices the Doctrine in its dealings with Bangladesh is the problem. Dadas from West Bengal are not also of much help in our crisis with India. Look, when India built the Farakka Dam, not a single Bengali dada came to our help. I was helpless and disappointed. Then I came to realize that in 1970, it was ok to use our ethnic identity Bengali to fight against Pakistan. But as soon as Bangladesh became independent, I should have revised our nationality as Bangladeshi Bengali to reflect our territorial nationality. We have to save our territory with our territorial identity. We have a problem here, using the ethnic Bengali nationalism, we see India as our best friend; but India is misleading us. We should call our nationalism as Bangladeshi Bangali nationalist. In the same way, the West Bengalis call themselves as the Indian Bengalis. You see where is the problem?   
U Ah: You taught us to be Bengali first and to remain a pro-Indian second to call ourselves as a progressive people.

Mujibur: NOOOOOO!!! That was wrong!

 

U Ah: Go to hell father; I don't believe you. You are a betrayer. You are betraying with our Indian brothers. You are asking us to fight against our Indian people. We can not fight against them. Also India is big. We have to seek friendship.

 

Mujibur: General Mir Jaffor as the chief of the staff said the same thing to his army that stood by. He said, it was futile to fight the British. When in reality Clive was almost defeated. Look son, you don't beg for friendship. Friendship comes only if you possess your self identity and when you show your capacity to live independently. Only slave-like mentality seeks favor from the master. I am not saying "fight India." I am saying, like what we did to Pakistan, as a nation, keep your interest as the first priority. Look! We live in a global village. India can't do anything it wants. You see Bangladesh is not a land locked country like Nepal or Bhutan. You see Cuba located in the backyard of USA couldn't be undermined. But when you have Mir Jaffors like you receiving horses, it is very easy for them. Worse of all you were so daring and shameless that like General Mir Jaffor, you did all of it openly. At first I, Zia, and Bhasani (you see Zia sitting there with Maulana Bhasani) were very proud of you. As the founding fathers of Bangladesh, we thought you will help this unfortunate nation to keep its independence. But when we saw your deceptions and returning from India with Indian horses, and Indian agents in open day light meeting you, when you remained silent as the enemy in disguise were killing our proud officers at the Pilkhana, I felt you betrayed with your people. Like General Mir Jaffor who sold Bengal to the British, you General U Ah sold Bangladesh to India on a platter. The difference is Mir Jaffor was rewarded to be the first puppet Nawab of Bengal but you didn't become the President. You have to run with your life. On top of that I am afraid; people will continue to call you the Mirjaffor of Bangladesh. I am also worried; you left my daughter Hasina in a very dangerous position.

 

Mujibur I am hoping that Bangladeshi patriotic people will work hard at home and abroad to help keep Bangladesh develop as an independent country; their consciousness as a people of an independent country, and their modern outlook to deal with issues dealing with Bangladesh. Remember! Our consciousness as a people is our skills for Bangladesh to survive in the South Asian environment. It is our only survival strategy. Look! Now we are into trouble again with India. It's true, for an independent nation, when you are conscious you see nobody is a permanent friend or a permanent enemy. Thus, the freedom movement continues. Did you hear what the national People's Forum in Dhaka lately predicted about the Tipaimukh dam? It said: "Country's independence, sovereignty, overall trade volume, ecology and agriculture will seriously be affected if Tipaimukh Dam on Barak River and Asian Highway are constructed." They are right; once it is given you can not reverse it. You, U Ah is a betrayer. You broke the constitution, cancelled the scheduled election. You paved the way for the unfolding of Bangladesh tragedy." 

 

U Ah: Don't blame me only! What about Hasina who think Bangladesh is her father's zamindari? She thinks the state power should always be with her.

Mujibur: She is wrong. To survive as a country, it has to be a democratic nation and she has to allow the independence of the judiciary, stop calling strikes. She has to allow the opposition to have their turn. You see here with me our Bhasani hujur as an example; he never wanted to accept power. He thought it is a sacred duty; if you fail to do it properly you will be accountable to God. All his life he lived in huts and spent time with peasants. He is like the Gandhi of Bangladesh. His politics was to serve God. People don't know much about him.

 

U Ah: Wow! No wonder why Mujiur, Bhasani and Zia had rarely any confrontation when they were alive. No wonder, together they are accepted by most people as the founding fathers of Bangladesh.

Mujibur: Tell Hasina, it's not me alone, Bhasani, and Zia also has tremendous contributions to free us from the Pakistani tyranny. If it was not Bhasani Hujur founding the Ittafaq news paper, founding the Awami League as the political party that was the leading institution and him demanding regional autonomy, if he didn't violate 144 in favour of the language movement, my 6 point demand, a revised form of Bhasani's autonomy demand, I would not be there. And don't forget Zia declared independence in my name. But now we are into trouble again with India. Here listen to me, saying things or criticizing India is not necessarity India bashing. As a freedom-loving people, if Indian action hurts Bangladesh, Bangladeshis should oppose India at home and in the international forum.

Hari: Let's get out of this place. If people know these three are still alive, both I and you will be torn into pieces.

 

U Ah: I am sure, they are not real!  It's their ghosts we see here. Let's get out of this Placeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are right! If this man Bangabandu opens his mouth, we will be in serious trouble.

Mujibur: Bhaira Amer, Bharat Baad  Diea Jazzcha. (Dear brothers, India contues to built dams.) Dalal Diea Dashete Bibhranthe Sristhi Korchee. (With its agents it is creating chaos)  Dalal ra to Bidesha Asroy Pabe.(The swindlers ofcourse will find shelter in foreign countries)  Amer Krishek Ra to pabena, Ora Khate Pareina!  (My peasants will have no shelter, they have no food to eat) Amer Dashe akhon dalaal Ar Mir Jafforder Adda. (My country  now is the playground of foreign agents and the betrayers) Odher Dhoria Dao. (Catch them)  Oder Dhoria Dao!(Catch them) Akohani Dhoria Dao! (Catch them before it is too late!)

 Hari: As he says, before it's too late, let's get out.  But see the fense here is too high!

Mujibur: Odher Dhoria Dao! (Catch them!) Bangladesher Matithee odher Jaiga nai. (There is no place for betrayers in Bangladesh)
 (Many people assembled and came to catch the swindlers and started beating them and in the background the song "Akta Mujabor ar Konto Thake….)

Jorna Begum (A young educated woman shouts from the crowd): Wait! I know they deserve to be killed. But please call the police to arrest them so that they face the people's court for their treachery. As a democratic country we shouldn't take law into our hands. We need to have order and abide by the law to have fairness and justice to prevail.

Mujibur: Yes, call the police. Let police take them  into custody. (Police arrives at the scene to arrest the swindlers)

Jorna: Thank you Bangabandu!

 Mujibur: Jorna, you are our our future. I am very proud of you! I am sure, with young people like you, Bangladesh will continue to develop stability and prosper as a nation. Let's pray together "God bless Bangladesh! "Hujur, please pray for us!"
________________________________________________________________________
(Professor Abid Bahar Ph.D.. teaches in Canada is a columnist and a public speaker. His recent book on Burma, Burma's Missing Dots 200, Rohingyama- a drama on refugee experience, 2008 and Forget Me Not! 2009 a book on Immigrant experience.

  
_____________________________________________________________________________
                                                                

 
 
Understanding Nehru's India Doctrine

 

Understanding the machinations of RAW and the Nehru Doctrine does not require a phd in International Relations. A simple tabulation of the number of bombs in Pakistan blown up at strategic points (mosques, imam baras) to cause maximum damage (and ethnic violence) establishes the nefarious designs of RAW and Mr. Nehru.  India intelligence: "'the aim of RAW is to keep internal disturbances flaring up and the ISI preoccupied so that Pakistan can lend no worthwhile resistance to Indian designs in the region." Mr. Nehru wrote several letters after 1947 reassuring the Hinduvata that the ultimate goal of India was the resabsorption of Pakistan into the mythical Bharat which stretches from the Hindu Kush to Bali

http://newsfrombangladesh.net/view.php?hidRecord=211601 Posted by Isha Khan,  bdmailer@gmail.com

Bangladesh's Survival Strategy: Understanding Nehru's India Doctrine By Abid Bahar, Canada
It says knowledge is power. India's RAW means Research and Analysis Wing. It is true, from research on its neighbors India directly develops its foreign policy. It seems true that India knows about Bangladesh and its other neighbors more than the respective county's leaders. Ever since its independence, Bangladesh has been looted, damed, built walls of hatred, and internally helped by the RAW agents to create anarchy in Bangladesh. R.N. Kao, the first RAW chief, once said:

''A foreign intelligence agency is the eyes and ears of the government. Its activities are the direct resultant of the policies of the government, without which any government would be left in a state of limbo.'' Ziaur Rahman of Bangladesh once known to have remarked that ''this man (referring to Kao) knows more about my country than I do.''

RAW founded by Nehru's daughter Indra Gandhi is "constitutionally a "wing" of the Cabinet Secretariat, …suffers from no agency-like accountability to India's parliament, and its activities lie outside the ambit of the country's recently acquired Right to Information Act."

Where does Bangladesh stands in its knowledge about India, Indian people, its provinces, its religion and culture and the deep -rooted Indian problems and even about RAW and the RAW activities in Bangladesh? It seems that Bangladesh considers India as a country that helped in its liberation war and it should maintain its good neighborly relations with India. True though, a "good neighbor is a great blessing."

However, in dealing with the Nehru Doctrine, Bangladesh's position appears naive and very poor. Some experts estimate that even the present CG government backed by the pro-Indian General Moyeen U was brought to power through the staged anarchy of January 2007 was by foreign elements, one being India. One political analyst estimates: "Pro-India elements provided the support base (for the CG)." It estimates a large part of "our media are controlled by India. Proshika is controlled by India. India has made inroads into our cultural and political system." It has been noted that in Bangladesh, RAW is very much active through the pro-Indian groups.

Bangladeshis as a peace-loving people wonder why India had been hypocritical in actions even with the friendly Mujib government of Bangladesh. Why the Mujib-Indra Treaty was designed to make Bangladesh dependent? Why instead of helping Bangladesh there was the Farakka problems and the artificial dependence on India and Mujib's administrative failures that eventually led to his death? What is behind India's motive in dealing with its neighbors? The answer is it is Nehru's India Doctrine. Nehru's India Doctrine came from Nehru's belief in the undivided India (Akhonda Bharata), Gandhi mildly called it the "Rama Raja."

Nehru's India Doctrine says:

"India will inevitably exercise an important influence. India will also develop as the centre of economic and political activity in the Indian Ocean area. The small national state is doomed. It may survive as a culturally autonomous area but not as an independent political unit." Now it makes sense of why and how Hydrabad, Kashmir, Goa, and Sikkim were made part of India. Why there has been deep Indian RAW involvement in Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal and in Bangladesh.?

India lately is showing its assertiveness. It formed its alliance with the US. Wonder why all these India-US underground activities particularly in Bangladesh? It is clear that "some of the objectives in this whole exercise are the occupations of the gas fields, coal fields, control of offshore gas exploration (and possibly oil?), constructing three-country gas pipe line, obtaining transit, road-rail-river multiple connectivity, Chittagong port facility, construction of deep sea port at Chattagong area (for North East India, with WB loan, so that while we would do the loan servicing, India would get the port facility and transit), etc. … India also wants to control our economy, army, administration, government, as well as the territory. Then they want to reduce it to a vassal state before annexing it as a subordinate state," the Nehru Doctrine in practice.

"Through sustained propaganda over many years, the axis of evil has internationally depicted Bangladesh as a hub of Islamic terrorism, so that they can militarily intervene through multi-national force as in Afghanistan. As a vicious propaganda, India always has alleged that there are a large number of ULFA camps in Bangladesh, and they proposed to Moyeen U, during his visit to India, for India-Bangladesh joint military operation to flush the ULFA out, like in Bhutan in 2003, since when Bhutan has been subjugated with Indian army stationed there permanently. They also have another plan of intervention, which is by developing civil war between the army and the people and by declaring it a failed state and then by bringing in the blue helmets, UN army. In the mean time, the US marines have been studying the terrain, road communications etc. of Bangladesh for the last six months in the pretext of disaster prevention, as has been reported in the press."

Is Bangladesh heading for a military dictatorship with General Moyeen U's CG not allowing election, and it's devoted minus two policy? The quiet storm that raged on the transit issue, people even threatened armed struggle if transit" given shows that there are still independent-minded Bangladeshis who will stand up to fight any further development of Nehru's Indian Doctrine in Bangladesh.

In India's growing power in the region, Bangladeshis firm determination to fight against the external enemies doesn't seem to be enough to deal with India. In this clash between Bangladesh Doctrine of peaceful-living with Nehru's Indian Doctrine of aggression, Bangladesh to survive as a nation, in every Bangladesh University it must have to have South Asian Research Institute where compulsory studies on Indian culture, religion and politics be taught. Bangladeshi spy agency has to be upgraded and remain on guard to find RAW members working in Bangladesh. Once found out should be made public.

In order to hide its bloody hands, RAW plays with that Bangladeshis people as being the Bengalis and to divide the nation, it promotes the so-called progressive politics through the Indian Bengali elements and the Bangladeshi political parties the theme of the 1971 war and the issue of Jamat/ Razakar as the enemy to fight.

Bangladeshis should clearly articulate who they are, Bengali or Bangladeshi. Quite surely, India made it clear when it put a Berlin wall dividing Bengal and there was no complain from the Indian Bengalis. Bangladeshis are only lately finding out that now they are on their own as the Bangladeshis. In this situation of isolation, in order to be able to deal with India effectively there should be organizations of smaller countries perhaps an eventual deep cooperation among themselves to fight against Nehru's evil Indian Doctrine. It is also necessary to have the direct involvement of China. Perhaps China should be given lease of a small island in the Bay of Bengal.

In the chaotic situation created in January 2007 and the installation of the CG, and the civilian leaders arrested enmass on corruption charges, it seems that Bangladeshi people in their slumber almost lost Bangladesh. It seems that the decisions are made largely in the US embassy. Now that the Bushites policy is in sharp contrast with the progressive policies of the former US administrations, it is imperative that Bangladeshis should be able to distinguish between a friend from an enemy; the later perhaps is promoting the Indian Doctrine at the guise of a friend of Bangladesh.

Fortunately, "what they have not conquered is the masses of the people. And this is where all their conspiracies to subjugate us will be thwarted. So, we have a solid ground to stand on. And we will win!"

The CG's refusal to release political leaders, refusal to withdraw the emergency rule, to set an election date, and the increase in the activities of high profile US and UK diplomats in Dhaka with Indian coordination, there seems to be the chosen man waiting in the cue: the opportunist General Moyeen U to form the next military government. Development in that direction led Hasina to leave the country to safety, Khalida with her two sons paralyzed, now refuse to leave Bangladesh.

Following the Nehru Doctrine's forward march, is the future of Bangladesh as a small national state doomed?" For the evil Doctrine preaches that "it may survive as a culturally autonomous area but not as an independent political unit." That is the self-fulfilling Prophesy of the Indian Doctrine. For Bangladesh however, it is better late to take serious measures then never. Measures should be taken from the understanding of Nehru doctrine of the Brahmo Raj and how to neutralize the impact of it that in future from anarchy could stop to take the lives of many Bangladeshis similar to the Iraqis; the latter didn't know the storm in their sky that would struck everybody on the ground. There must be a way to deal with the evil forces hanging in the sky of Bangladesh and it must be averted and it got to be done through research because we know that knowledge is power.

For now Bangladeshis need 4 points:

(1)Fight against the CG government's illegal emergency rule

(2) Demand the resignation of Moyeen U as the head of the army

(3) Demand immediate conducting of national election.

(4) Release the political prisoners stopped on fake charges
 

 




__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___