Banner Advertiser

Monday, June 29, 2015

Re: [mukto-mona] Re: {PFC-Friends} Dangerous propaganda



I don't get all these emails such as from Mr. Zoglul or Mr. Bahar. Mr. Shaheen's views are pragmatic and he talks most sense. Looks like Zoglul and Bahar are romantic revolutionaries. Many such political views emerged in sixties and seventies in our region including India. They were all leftist political parties which included Naxalites. Their target was the state of India, the root cause of all subjugation and exploitation. They used to engage in interesting discourses such as 'Was India itself a colonial power?' They used to fight over tactics and strategies and also used to kill each other. During 1971 liberation struggle some groups, I have heard, fought simultaneously against Indian army plus our own freedom fighters and Pakistani occupation army. After independence one party was determined to free 'East Pakistan' from Indian grip. They retained their party name E. P. C. P for many years after independence. Among their allies were ML, JI, etc. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2015, at 10:27 PM, Kamal Das kamalctgu@gmail.com [mukto-mona] <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Decimation is done, exterminate the rest.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 28, 2015, at 8:42 PM, Shah DeEldar shahdeeldar@gmail.com [mukto-mona] <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Not a crime to dream about Ghazaa-e-Hind and masturbate within the four walls of a confined room while others have been shooting for the distant stars and planets. Lets join Pakistan and decimate the obvious eternal enemies, the infidels?:-)

Only God knows what these people have been smoking?

Follow this retard if anybody cares?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CverzUnx1-o

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 8:52 PM, <alishaheen2010@gmail.com> wrote:
Several issues here:

It is important to be realistic.  Pakistan being a nuclear power cannot take on India, do you seriously think Bangladesh has the military power to do so and win?  If not then don't you think we need to pursue our goals through diplomatic means?  Being suicidal is not being brave.

India is not the only power that has regional ambitions.  China and the U.S. also do.  If we have learned to get along with China and the U.S. then perhaps we could try the same with the country that liberated us from Pakistan.

Bangladesh has left Pakistan behind since independence, but there is still a long way to go with respect to economic development.  If we want to compare ourselves with another country, perhaps we should do so with other smaller countries in the region.  If we want to take on India perhaps the way forward would be through a United Bengal movement but that won't work either because we will probably end up getting exploited again.

Responding to the views of extremist parties by urging people to prepare for war is not the answer.  One can try to settle disputes bilaterally and if that fails then through the mediation of third parties.  What is preventing Bangladesh from making trade and economic deals with other neighbours?  There is no need to keep defining ourselves in relation to India and if our economy is tied to India then there is all the more reason to not alienate India by persecuting Bangladeshi Hindus and upping the anti-Hindu rhetoric.

To take another example, men exploit women economically and abuse and murder them too.  Should we be advising women to hate men and get ready to kill them or should we encourage them to stand up for their rights and work together?

Canada lives next to a hegemonic power that is far worse than India in many ways. In the 19th. century the U.S. had invaded Canada and set fire to the Parliament and in return Canadian soldiers burned down the White House too.  Most Canadians don't care for US foreign policy and there are have been many, many trade disputes that are mediated by international bodies.  On the surface Canada and the U.S. keep referring to each other as best friends.  Canada does not like the absence of gun control in the U.S. because it also affects law and order here because that is from where guns are smuggled.  Our border is too huge to police so  being on bad terms with the U.S. is a lose-lose situation and inciting people to war means mutually assured destruction with Canada ending up the bigger loser.  Not because people want to prostrate to the Americans but because it is too one-sided.  That is reality.  If you want a war to sacrifice your fellow citizens, at least  start one that is winnable.

Unfortunately we in Bangladesh are not even able to resolve disputes between opposition parties, even if it hurts our economy, so our leaders and thinkers don't seem wise or responsible enough to act maturely.  We are addicted to anger and hate.  There is a difference between being assertive and being aggressive.  Compromising with give and take is not prostration.  Win-win outcomes are those in which neither party gets everything they are looking for, but both get something that they can live with.  But judging from the politics in Bangladesh each party wants all or nothing - this is reflected in our domestic policy and in our foreign policy.  If we want to become a middle income country by 2021 we won't achieve it by promoting religious hatred and starting a war with India or anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 27, 2015, at 12:01 PM, Zoglul Husain <zoglul@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Thank you. It is rather surprising to see that a very learned person, like you, fails to see the connectivity between safeguarding independence and sovereignty of a country from a regional hegemonic power, and the economic emancipation of the people of the country concerned under the grip of this hegemony. It is also difficult to see why some people rightly say that our national liberation struggle for 190 years (from 1757 Palashi to 1947) is glorious, and our freedom war in 1971 is glorious, but the same people say that defending our independence and sovereignty from the aggressive hegemonism of India is regressive! Is it the influence of the hegemonists?

When India pursues hegemonism, rather than win-win relations with us, should we appease, or prostrate? Or, should we nationally prepare to defend ourselves? Colonialism, at the end of WWII, was smashed to smithereens, but it re-emerged in the form of neo-colonialism, with its allies, such as hegemonism, expansionism, etc. with all its varying collaborations and contentions within the involved powers themselves. In a situation like this, all victim nations, like us, should do their best to defend freedom, and establish democracy, justice and harmonious development. 

As regards, economic development, which you raised, I very briefly referred to the emergence of developing countries as an important factor in the present day economics, in my article: Development of Bangladesh, published in Bangladesh in the Financial Express on 26 August 2014 with the title 'Economic and human resource development: Bangladesh makes its mark',
http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2014/08/26/52522. The article was also published by Bangladeshi publications in London and Paris.

The economic development of the emerging developing countries can be related to national independence in the process of decolonisation, along with other national and international economic factors.


Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 00:09:14 -0400
Subject: Re: {PFC-Friends} Dangerous propaganda
From: alishaheen2010@gmail.com
To: pfc-friends@googlegroups.com
CC: abid.bahar@gmail.com; bdmailer@gmail.com; farukhchowdhury@gmail.com; mgani69@gmail.com; bdpana@yahoogroups.com; ranu51@hotmail.com; ibnmasum@gmail.com; mohiuddin@netzero.net; jukhan@gmail.com; faruquealamgir@gmail.com; farhadmazhar@hotmail.com


So you read extremist web sites and want to get ready for war.  How is that different from the US war on terror?  I guess we can use patriotism to patriotically sacrifice the lives of our fellow citizens by further inflaming the situation and adding fuel to fire.  This is actually a very Pakistani approach.  Let's focus on India so we can divert attention away from dealing with poverty, jobs, housing, health, education and transportation.  Let's go on jihads instead of building our own country.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Zoglul Husain <zoglul@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Thank you, Abid Bahar Bhai, for your patriotic and thoughtful response. I think, some people forget the oft quoted Shakespearean expression (the context can be generalised): 

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, 
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." 
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio. 
Myopic philosophers often confound themselves, rather than enlightening others.

The 'Amader Shomoy' report, we are discussing, is not an isolated dangerous propaganda. A quick look at the following RSS Facebook (with 37 thousand likes) would show the hate campaign, fascist frenzy and the hegemonic aspiration:

Even Subir Bhaumik, a journalist, who has a PhD and 15 years' experience with BBC, openly threatened, in the Times of India, of Indian military intervention in Bangladesh, if the Bangladesh govt did not toe the line (i.e. accept the authority, policies, or principles of India, especially unwillingly). Please see the Bangladesh Chronicle article: Kite flying by RAW? Mumtaz Iqbal, November 14, 2013,

Many leaders of the fascist RSS, and the fascist BJP, brag about their anti-Muslim and Anti-Bangladesh evil rhetoric openly. Recently, I circulated lists of communal riots in India. There were thousands of these, and there are reports that both the RSS, the ideological mentor of BJP and open supporter of Hitler, and the BJP, were involved in a large number of these, just not only in Gujarat. For example, please see the following: Communal Riots in India, A Chronology (1947-2003), B Rajeshwari,  

The curse of the caste system, as well as inequality, has reduced 75% of the Indian people to Dalits (formerly called 'untouchables') and semi-Dalits. "The status of Indian Muslims are below the conditions of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes" according to Justice Sachar Committee report, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachar_Committee.

We must unite all patriots, and we must be prepared to defend ourselves. Appeasement of, or prostrating to, the hegemonists is an ignoble act, for which Lhendup Dorjee later repented ruefully, but it was too late then! We will not attack, but if attacked, we must be prepared to respond appropriately depending on our own strategy and tactics!





ALI SHAHEEN'S ADVISE IS MOST APPROPRIATE FOR KINDERGARTEN CHILDREN

While I appreciate Mrs Ali Shaheen's belief in peace, but I don't think,the world is always a bed of roses. That is why the Prophet had to be ready to defend against his enemis. Gandhi was killed, Jesus was killed but not the Prophet of Islam because he was a practical man.

Mr. Zoglul  Husain's reference to Hindu fundamentalist noise in India, a news published in the Amader Somoy, could well be the background noise of the Muslim killer Norendro Modi, and like in the past this time also it could be real about his followers plan to kill Indian Muslims as being Bangladeshis. In neglecting such early signs of threats in Gujrat by the advise of people like Ail Shaheen,(the know it all na├»ve people) that led to the lose of life in Gujrat riot.

Mrs Ali Shaheen before giving people advise should know that nations are separate entities and their survival depends on the principle of the "survival of the fittest". Fortunately there are still people like Zoglul Hussain to remind us that there could be looming dangers for Indian minorities from extremist groups. I know that knowledge is power.  I don't see any problem by Zoglul Hussain in sending us the link, even when it is during the time of Ramadan. I don't think Ramadan should be a time to act foolishly than to be on guard.

 I find Ali Sheen's advise most appropriate for Kindergarten children who receive advise from parents and teachers to behave well with their fellow members.






On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Ali Shaheen <alishaheen2010@gmail.com> wrote:
Spreading this kind of dangerous propaganda does not promote peace.  Instigating people to become freedom fighters because some luntatic fringe party spreads racist propaganda is not the responsible thing to do.  It is Ramadhan, please think peace.  

 
 

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Zoglul Husain <zoglul@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Dangerous propaganda
Forwarding to you the following 'Amader Shomoy' report, which highlights the dangerous propaganda of the Indian RSS against Bangladesh, and against the Muslims, who have been referred to as 'jaban', etc.  As reported by the Amader Shomoy, this is a direct call by the RSS to kill Bangladeshis. The RSS and BJP have blood on their hands, and they are reported to have been involved in thousands of riots against Muslims, Christians and other non-Hindu victims.

We all need to be ready to become freedom fighters, in whatever capacity we can contribute, and whenever the call might come. A small nation can certainly defeat a large one, if only the small nation have unity, determination and the right strategy and tactics.

The report is as follows:
(Please click to read the Amader Shomoy report, 23 June 2015) 

(Sorry, I am unable to copy the Amader Shomoy Bangla font)




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PFC-Friends" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pfc-friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PFC-Friends" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pfc-friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PFC-Friends" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pfc-friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PFC-Friends" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pfc-friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PFC-Friends" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pfc-friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PFC-Friends" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pfc-friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Subimal Chakrabarty <subimal@yahoo.com>


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190





__,_._,___