Banner Advertiser

Thursday, October 18, 2007

RE: [ALOCHONA] CTG: Summary of anti corruption drive

Hello All,
 
I have been reading this forum for a while. It is interesting to read people's opinions. Some very well taken, some long time after the fact and some so asinine that I shudder to think of its author. I don't know which category my two cents fall into... However, here is my rant:
 
I am delighted to see Bangladesh recovering untold sums from what some have dubbed "white collar criminals". However, something that needs to be addressed by our country is the ocean that divides the pay of a government employee vs the pay in the private sector. There is not even a hint of parity. So why would any sane person go work for the Government? There are many noble answers to this, however, the ignoble is what is glaring. "I can make untold sums by taking bribes because it is easy. I can justify this because compared to the person I am taking the bribe from I am a hundred times worse off". How does a government, caretaker or corrupt, elected or selected address this?
 
I say we reduce the size of the government and increase pay many fold. University professors must be better paid. Universities should raise the price of room and board and unthinkably, even tuition. DU must be restored to its former glory. Police must be paid better and better equipped. I know I am telling you what you already know... the real question is how does one act? I for one don't know and am willing to listen to suggestions.
 
Sincerely from washington dc.
Ehsan
__._,_.___

[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___