Banner Advertiser

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

[mukto-mona] FW: Sen. Kennedy






Today I am really shocked and saddened at the death of our great visionary and a spirit of hope and conscience, Senator Edward M. Kennedy. He was truely a friend of Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. I first met him in 1971 while he was visiting Bangladesh refugee camps in India and ever since he was a friend, a guide and a hope to me.  In my crusade against trafficking of women and children into slave like servitude or against violation of human rights and extra-judicial killings, he was my hope and a constant support. He never wavered on humanitarian issues.  I am deeply greateful to him. Without doubt, he was a tireless champion of the poor, the disenfranchised, the distressed and the powerless. May Allah bless his soul.
 
I hope that his legacy and his dream; his dream of universal healthcare, a decent living wage or equal opportunity for all irrespective of race, color or creed, and his hope of a better world without war and misunderstanding, without poverty and hunger will remain ever fresh in our minds.  He was a spirit and a hope. Let his legacy live forever. He was very dear to me and I volunteered for his campaigns throughout my life.
 
I pray for his departed soul and wish the Almighty to give strength and courage to his wife and the family to endure such great loss--Ameen.  
 
 
Dr. Abdul Momen
Bangladesh Ambassador to the UN








Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.

__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___