Banner Advertiser

Saturday, November 24, 2007

[ALOCHONA] Bangladesh needs "Pro Bangladesh Policy Makers and People" to move this country forward

Dear All,
 
I get lots of emails where most of them are positives and rest of them are negatives.  Negative means to me is that wasteful, without any basis or merit, and or not constructive criticism.  I actually want people to think different and provide constructive criticism to make it better.  Unfortunately Bangladesh is a nation where most of the people are blind, I mean political or ideological blind or can not or will think think outside of the box.
 
I will tell you what I like about CTG and what I do not like about CTG:
 
Positives about CTG:
 
1) Cleaning the mass where people gets rich with others people money.
 
2) Institutionalize the changes, so less corruption will take place in future.
 
3) Working for the people, not to get rich.
 
4) Trying to bring changes from Family politics to People politics.
 
5) I believe CTG has good intention for Bangladesh and its people.
 
Negatives about CTG:
 
1) I knew from the beginning that massive corruption hunt will shake up the Bangladesh economy since more than 40% Bangladesh economy is based on underworld people, means no tracking on that transaction or don't get tax/ VAT.  So I have advised CTG with "Proposal of General Amnesty Program 2007" which might help little bit to bring the trust among Bangladeshi business communities, CTG might working with part of the proposal now.
 
2) I oppose building the underground train system because it is unsafe and it can not be operational more than 90 days year, making a hostage point for the lost political parties, not enough electricity to operate it, massive works to keep it safe from tokai or bad people.
 
3) I oppose destruction policy of breaking buildings in Uttra Model Town if it's more than  three floors since people can not afford to rebuild it or Bangladesh Govt is not capable to compensate 30-40 lacs per apartment.
 
4) CTG was not able to pay enough attention on the rising essential prices in Bangladesh.  I think CTG could bring down the cost of essentials items at least 10-20% if CTG was doing its home work earlier.  I have advised them time to time about this issue.
 
5) CTG should done more Public Relationship (PR) with common people of Bangladesh.  Once there is a rumor against them, they should come out clean in national TV if it hurts Bangladesh and its policies.
 
Advice on Bangladesh Policies:
 
I have made numerous advice on Bangladesh policies for pro people, pro investment and pro Bangladesh:
 
1) How to Expand Bangladesh Economy.
 
2) How to fight inflation in Bangladesh regardless of the current Global inflation.
 
3) How to expand Pharmaceuticals sector in Bangladesh, I have communicated with CTG about Bangladesh Pharmaceutical companies concern and how to bring up the quality of Bangladeshi medicines.
 
4) How to raise FUND for Floods & Cyclone SIDR victims.
 
5) How to use the collected FLOOD and SIDR funds for dual purposes,  I always tell people that we will have various opinions how to solve a problem but choosing the right solution is the key to success in Bangladesh.
 
6) I have advised AWL and BNP what they have to do if either one is elected in the next general election.
 
7) I want more young leadership in Bangladesh politics and I have written extensively about it.
 
8) I want visionary, honest, talented, smart, international experienced, who has 5 years plan for Bangladesh to move forward, pro Bangladesh expatriates to join in the next general election under any parties in Bangladesh.
 
9) I tell people think how to unite among us, there so many elements in Bangladesh that is divisible, we need to be smart not to talk about it.  There always will be third evil forces to destroy Bangladesh and its people, but we have to be smart not to let them put poison on us.
 
10) I advise people that democracy, free speech, human rights are beautiful things if we can exercise with benefits, not to harm others or countries.  A true Democracy does not mean we loot poor people wealth and I become rich with others money.  Bangladesh need a true and people democracy, not for the few elites in Bangladesh.
 
At last I like to say Bangladesh will remain a poor country as far as I can see until we change our mind, thinking process to pro Bangladesh, pro development, pro general people policies.  Things will not change overnight,  some one has to start somewhere and put a seed in the soil, a tree will come out if we properly water it every day.  Even we elect honest and visionary people in Bangladesh,  they will not success if general people do not support them.
 
We have to find national issues like creating more jobs, increasing the people buying power. food security, expanding economy beyond garments, how ICT and pharmaceuticals sectors can flourish,  how Bangladesh can get chunk of excess $1 Trillion dollar emerging market investment in next three years from Middle East countries, I can go on and on.
 
I will urge people from all walks of life be united and think the national issues first, not who is the father of the nation or who is not, who is Rajakar and who is not.
 
Note:  I have all the archived emails about my advice, proposals, etc in case you want to see it.
 
Thanks,
M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu), USA
Director, Change Bangladesh Organization, USA
 
P. S:  Please delete this email if you do not like it.
__._,_.___

[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___