Banner Advertiser

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

[ALOCHONA] Re: True story of Grameen Bank and Yunus

Hi Farida

My apologies to you.

My earlier message was meant more for Alochok Hussain than for you.
Sometimes one has to tailor one's words in order to `get through'to an individual but forgets that there is a wider audience : )

Your piece on Sunita Paul is excellent and I agree with every word of
it. It is indeed factually based. My description of it as humorous was meant as a compliment though I admit poorly expressed. It was in no way meant to be a disagreement.

My comment on being stuck in the past was similarly poorly expressed.
I did not mean to say that you in particular were stuck in the past. I was trying to say that even if you were, it would not be unreasonable, given our history.

Again, my apologies to you.

I have always read your writings with enthusiasm over the years.
I would be ashamed if our communications had to start with a clash
over a poorly worded message from me.

I do however sincerely believe that the single biggest current
political issue in Bangladesh is –

Will Hasina and Khaleda return as champions of AL and BNP?

The simple proof is that this is the single biggest issue for AL and
BNP : )

The essential truth is that they directly represent all that is wrong
in politics and they indirectly protect all that is evil in politics.

If you think there is a single political issue bigger than the
possibility of the return of Hasina and Khaleda as PM then please do
state it unequivocally.

I have no issue with your position on Jamaat, the Constitution or
anything else that I am aware of. These are certainly pertinent
current issues but secondary to the removal of Hasina and Khaleda.

What is so nasty about the politics unfolding before us as I hum my
tunes? In what way is it nastier than the nastiness we have suffered
the last 36 years?

Whatever you want for Bangaldesh, you will not get it with Hasina and
Khaleda. So please hum along with many in the nation. For your voice is far sweeter than mine.

Best wishes

Ezajur Rahman
Kuwait

--- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, Farida Majid <farida_majid@...>
wrote:
>
>
> Who is "stuck in the past" more than the one so
obssessed by Hasina-Khaleda that he has taken up writing long song-
lyrics for them? While he is navel-gazing, humming his Hasina-Khaleda
tune, the BD politics unfolding out there is getting nastier and
nastier.
>
> I, on the other hand, am trying to get to the truth.
My spoof of a spammer like "Sunita Paul, an expert on South Asian
affairs" is an attempt to dignose the disease that produces the
creator/s of 'Sunita Paul'. I believe my one "shishi mikchar" of
oshudh will help bring the Sunita fever down. It contains deadly
accurate, up-to-date facts and factoids.
>
> But it needs all our concerted efforts to cure the
disease.
> Speaking of the past, Ezajur should do well to look
up the ALOCHONA archives and find some my writings on democracy, 1972
Constitution and the illegality of Jamaat as a political party. Those
posts should still be pertinent to the present situation.
>
> Regards
>
> Farida Majid
>
>
> From: ezajur.rahman@...: Fri, 9 May 2008 17:05:30 +0000Subject:
[ALOCHONA] Re: True story of Grameen Bank and Yunus
>
>
>
>
> Dear Hussain BhaiSalams and greetings to you from sunny Kuwait : )I
must join Robin here and second his motion. Farida Majid may be
guilty of many things but I fail to see how you have drawn the
conclusion that she is offending the dignity one of my personal
heros - Dr Yunus. She was referring entirely to Sunita Paul in a
humourous, but definitely negative, fashion. For a thoroughly well
researched and factual review of Sunita Paul please refer to a piece
I wrote earlier today.Farida Majid may be stuck in the past but that
is in itself no crime. The past defines who we were and therefore the
past defines who we are. There are good reasons why so many of us are
stuck in the past and you know what some of those reasons may be. We
are not to leave a murdered relative in the past are we? The question
is how we move forward and we have to find a way to help each other,
build bridges, make compromises, endure sacrifices. We cannot move
forward alone - we must move forward together.So whilst I may totally
oppose some of her opinions I believe she remains totally gorgeous. I
just hope she doesn't want Hasina or Khaleda back!Just turn your aim
a little more to the left and you will find the real enemies of
change. We cowboys need your help : )Best wishesEzajur RahmanKuwait
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.
> http://joinred.spaces.live.com?ocid=TXT_HMTG_prodredemoticons_052008
>

------------------------------------

[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.comYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alochona/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alochona/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:alochona-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:alochona-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
alochona-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/