Banner Advertiser

Monday, March 9, 2009

Re: [ALOCHONA] Re: Mr. Cyrus and Ms. Farida

Dear Alochok Firoz Alam:
 
Sorry it took me a while to respond. Life got in the way. After days of restless traveling, I sat down to decipher your cryptic email, full of vitriol, convoluted logic, and mostly a metaphoric hodgepodge with little substance. It is apparent that you don't understand the meaning of the word "brethren". It's used to describe people of the same "social group", and a "social group", by definition, means social and professional relationships and not commonalities. There is no social relationship between you, me, a cat, a parasite, or a door-knob. If everything is made of atom, then that does not make animals our "brethren". It only means we are all made out of the same substance. Nothing more and nothing less.  We are fundamentally the same at an atomic level. That's the point. Obviously, you don't understand the difference between science and scripture. The "atom theory" is not scripture, Sir. It's science, and yes, everyone should take it seriously.
 
I did, however, cross the line when I began to pontificate about not believing in the scriptures so literally. You are right about that. I have no right to tell people what they should or should not believe in. You or Mr. Munshi are entitled to your beliefs, and I am entitled to oppose them. My sincere apologies to everyone.
 
I have sectarian prejudices? Do you even know the meaning of the word "sectarian"? Mr. Munshi and his gang are the embodiments of sectarianism. After repeated requests, Mr. Munshi and his gang is yet to publish his infamous "India Doctrine". Regardless, since you so kindly asked about my philosophy in this matter, I would be happy to indulge. This is not a doctrine, just some common sense ideas that I think might work.
 
Depending on the government that is in power, we are on a see-saw relationship with India and Pakistan. In my opinion, our policy and approach towards these two countries should be consistent and beneficial to us. Whether we like it or not, India surrounds us from three sides, is an economic super-power, and has enough international clout to change the tide of opinions. I think, for our advantage, we should be mutually cooperative with India when it comes to our economy, technology-transfer, regional security, and overall support for our political stability. It is in India's interest to see a politically and economically stable Bangladesh. No one is asking people to worship India or get talking points from New Delhi. We need to assess our cost-benefit of dealing with our powerful neighbor. Instead of covertly and overtly supporting militancy and anti-govt. sentiments in Assam, Tripura, and Nagaland, we should be able to work with the Indian govt. so that we can also secure our borders from infiltrating terrorists, RAW and ISI agents, militants, smugglers. It's called mutual cooperation, and there is nothing wrong with it. People need to get off their ideological and religious high-horse and stop making this about a fight between Muslims and the "Others"  (i.e. Hindus, Christians, and Jews). Protectionism doesn't work. We need to negotiate and deal with India because it benefits us economically and ensures our security on the Myanmar border (ever wonder why the Burmese govt. doesn't invade us after repeated military build-up?)....well, there you go, the long and short of what I think need to happen. I have already expressed my views about India, Pakistan and other neighboring nations in this forum. I am not a self-proclaimed intellectual, nor do I have time or interest in developing doctrines for India or Pakistan. On a seperate note, I am actually greatly amused that you would call me a "Hitler wanna-be", since I am not the one who keeps talking about the "enemies" (i.e. Hindus, Christians, and Jews). Luckily, I don't have a Jewish or Hindu or Christian allergy, nor do I keep crying wolf about their imaginary war against us. Did I hit a nerve there by calling Munshi a "Moududi wanna-be"? I am guessing you are either a fan of Munshi or a fan of Moududi. I could be wrong.
 
I don't think you quite followed my comment about market dominance and political leverage. When did I say that we should not use such strategies to gain market advantage or political leverage? "Cow-shit intellectual"...haha, you are a funny guy Alochok Firoz! I am not an intellectual, but the reference to "cow-shit" and "intellectualism" reminds me of Munshi et. al.
 
In regards to being a "bible thumper", I also don't think you understood my metaphor there. Since you took the fun out of the comment, allow me to explain. I said, you are "our version of a bible thumper". By "our", I meant, "Muslims". Your reference to Quran, life, death, and what not, made me think that you are, for the lack of a better phrase, a "Quran Thumper", someone who invokes the holy book whenever, however, wherever he pleases and interprets it to fit his own rationale. Unfortunately, I don't need medications to be sarcastic. You, sir, however should take a course on metaphor 101.
 
You say, "The words such as Muslim Hindu Jew or Christan are not to be found anywhere in their respective scriptures". I am not sure what does it have anything to do with our discourse here. More importantly, did I hurt your feelings when I said that "no one gives a flying rat's anatomy about what Khaleda wants"? No, I have no respect for our politicians, be that of BAL, BNP or JP.. It's not political disagreement. I treat my political opponents more kindly than our politicians.
 
"The doubts and suspicions are also the characteristic of an evil man which breeds ill will and cheapens human life." That is, by far, the most meaningless punchline I have read in a long time. You know what makes us humans? what drives innovations? what drives human curiosity? The doubts and suspicions that you bemoan are the very characteristic of mankind. We question, we dissent, we argue, and we discover. That has been the underlying process of our civilization. But if I follow your punchline, then every human being is evil, breeds ill will, and cheapens human life. Wouldn't it be just swell if we could only accept what is given to us or told to us or done to us? Wouldn't it be a paradise if we could just conform to rubbish and turn our other cheek when hit? Let me ask you this Sir, do you ever doubt or become suspicious of events, facts, people? Do you ever question what is being told? Or do you just bend over backwards to accept everything, just so that you can keep your "purity" of soul?
 
The greatest gift of mankind from Almighty God is our ability to think and question. Even the holy books encourage discourse, clear doubts, ask questions, and find answers. The moment we, you stop doubting or asking questions or challenging things that you feel are wrong, you let that great gift waste away. Perhaps, you should make a note of that.
 
Cheers,
Cyrus 
 
 
 


From: Firoz Alam <afirozny@yahoo.com>
To: alochona <alochona@yahoogroups.com>; Mukto Mona <mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com>; khabor khabor <khabor@yahoogroups.com>; Dahuk <dahuk@yahoogroups.com>; notun bangladesh <notun_bangladesh@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:24:52 AM
Subject: [ALOCHONA] Re: Mr. Cyrus and Ms. Farida

Cyrus wrote: Am I missing something here or are you off of your medications?
 
My response: If I imply or suggest metaphorically and invectively use a term "Cyrus-the-hound- cat-rat-mongoose -parasite" is an epithet of Cyrus who thinks that everything was made out of an atom then my question is to suggest an idea is to stimulate reflection is that hound-the-atom, cat-the-atom, rat-the-atom, mongoose-the- atom, parasite-the- atom, and CYRUS-THE-HOUND- CAT-RAT-MONGOOSE -PARASITE is made out of an atom? If it is then still atom theory makes animal species our brethren too, doesn't it? And as for his dose of medications, keep on reading...
 
Cyrus wrote: Secondly, the great defenders of Mr. Munshi should know that I have nothing against him. I am opposed to his pseudo-intellectual ism and the doctrines of nonsense and puritanism. He is a Mowdudi wanna-be, but only worse.
 
My response: As he may be aware that every thesis has its anti-thesis as every doctrine should have its anti-doctrine if some one wants to counter it. If he so chooses to oppose Mr. Munshi's "Indian doctrine" why doesn't he presents themes of his pen has been so frequently involved instead of displaying his dangerous sectarian prejudices. BTW, I'm not defending him nor do I know him personally but my motives on this issue are centered in a sincere love of truth and have noticed you and Ms. Farida have gone out of proportion to propagate what's you defend and it is what it is. How about Cyrus is a Hitler wanna-be, perhaps even worse than Bush?
 
Cyrus wrote: So, yes, be it market dominance or political leverage, India and Pakistan does have plenty of interests in influencing the lives of Bangladeshis.
 
My response: The abstract words like India and Pakistan are names for a thing which does not have any sort of interests in influencing the lives of Bdeshis. But it is the Cyrus-the-atom' s, Munshi-the-atom' s, hound-the-atom' s, and cat-the-atom' s, so on, have material needs, and it is the needs that are being provided through (counter)market- dominance or/and (counter)political- leverage as he has mentioned, and to counter the market-dominance- political- leverage, why should we not use framework of hound for sheep-destroying wolves, cats for rats, rats for coalition of willing scavengers, mongooses for snakes and parasites for parasites analogy? If the answer is no then i want him to share his intellectual- the-cow-shit- to-purify- Thar-house- doctrine and let alone
awaken-the-dumber- audiences.
 
Cyrus wrote: Lastly, I can tell that you are our version of a proverbial "Bible thumper"! I hate to break this to you.
 
My response: When I categorically mentioned the Quran but Cyrus-the-hound- cat-rat-mongoose -parasite- atom intentionally or blindly invoked "bible thumper" and still thinks himself an intellectual, how pathetic is the patriotic fervor that emboldens Cyrus-the-atom' s blood but narrows Cyrus-the-atom' s the mind and blind/blurs the vision that requires precise reading?  Does he not need medications?
 
Cyrus wrote: It's only flesh and blood, and more fundamentally, atoms. but there is no clay or smokeless fire.
 
my response: When flesh and blood decomposes only 19 minerals are found that soil-the-clay has all those minerals and the "smokeless flame" [NOT SMOKELESS FIRE - WHERE THERE IS FIRE THERE IS SMOKE] things that ticks and keep us warm and at death it leaves and join with Allah and the material forms of atom were created by thunder/lightening which is known as big-bang in scientific communities.
 
Cyrus wrote: Don't take the scriptures so literally! but that's besides the point.
 
My Response: My scripture is holier-than- thou mindset makes a man prejudice if not partial ignorant, tyrant, arrogant, and it blurs decency and when it does people like Cyrus, Farida and Hitler uses terms like hounds, rats and pigs metaphorically to describe his political enemies. Doesn't the theory of atom come/passed down to us and Cyrus-the-atom is taking the scripture of atom literally? So who should take what scripture literally or figuratively is not Cyrus-the-atom' s call or to decide or to ponder upon! Let me put it mildly, not everyone will use the same word to describe the same natural phenomenon. And that's the POINT, make a note of it.
 
Cyrus wrote: Do you mind telling me who is treating whom like a pest? I can only respect Mr. Munshi and his gang as human beings, as I respect every human being, whether they are Muslim, Hindu, Jew or even a fire-worshiper.
 
My response: The words such as Muslim Hindu Jew or Christan are not to be found anywhere in their respective scriptures.. And by invoking word "respect" does not at all display an iota of respect when words are flying like "no one gives a flying rat's anatomy" to describe to whom you may be disagree with intellectually or politically. I don't think that Hitler's pigs, Farida's hounds and Cyrus' cat analogies are the terms for showing respect then I don't know what the respect is. BTW, rats are consider to be one of many pests in America.
 
Cyrus wrote: I doubt Mr. Munshi and his gang has the same level of respect for anyone else but themselves.
 
my response: The doubts and suspicions give moral cowards an excuse not to think or see at all. The thinking thing is the only option for intellectuals minus Cyrus-the-atom who only relies on doubts or suspicions and doubts the gang of crows or owls may have taken Cyrus-the-atom' s ears and eyes without realizing that it may be still intact where it belongs. The doubts and suspicions are also the characteristic of an evil man which breeds ill will and cheapens human life.




__._,_.___


[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___