Banner Advertiser

Monday, March 10, 2008

[ALOCHONA] Lost confidence on CTG

Dear All,
 
I would admit that I was one of the biggest supporter when CTG took power after 1/11 in 2007.  Since then I have been advising CTG more or less in various issues that they had faced.  I have lost confidence on them after looking at their failure during 14 months in Bangladesh.
 
I have worked hard to defend them like many others and provided strategic policy advice from distance and defend many their activities which made sense to me.  Few of the advice that were made are listed below and most them are failed:
 
1)  I had asked CTG to initiate a reconciliation initiative called "General Amnesty 2007" in April 2007.  CTG has failed to take this advice and renamed my proposal as "Truth Commission" which is too late to make any difference now.
 
2) I have submitted strategic proposal to be ready for the floods in 2007.  They have implemented many of the points with delay but CTG was successful more or less.  But I had asked them to get greater international help at least US$5 Billion, like Pakistan got during earthquake.
 
3) I have asked them to stop destruction policy like demolition of "Bashti" and high rise buildings in Uttara.  They have stopped the demolition of Bashti but lots of people paid the price for their wrong policy.  CTG should make relocation plan for those affected people before taking their houses down.  Even I knew few of the houses were controlled by corrupt people.
 
4) I have provided a strategic policy proposal to expand Bangladesh economy beyond Garments with asking for more than US$3 Billion direct investment from Middle East countries.  I have not seen anything was done on my proposal.
 
5) I have submitted a comprehensive proposal to develop the Pharmaceuticals sector which has great potential to grow and creating high paid jobs in Bangladesh.  I have not see much improvement yet.  I will wait to judge the CTG progress in this matter.
 
6)  I have asked to add foreign advisers to the BBB Group which will give more lay away to attract business development in Bangladesh.  International experts are important than ever to grow international business and investment in Bangladesh.
 
7) I have asked many times to plan ahead about inflation and asked to step down Dr. Aziz, Economy Adviser and Bangladesh Bank Govt.  They have failed to understand and  monitor economy and inflation in Bangladesh.  I am asking them to step down immediately now.
 
8) I have asked CTG to give a break in Rupali deal with Saudi prince since we need to have better policy and relationship with SA. This world is all for give and take. CTG should not come hard on this deal and should give a break to SA. I won't be surprised if we find lots of Bangladeshi will not go SA for tighten the rules in SA against Bangladesh. Because CTG becomes hard on SA, SA will repeat their hard stance on Bangladesh. SA has more US$1 Trillion excess investment fund, where we need that so much in this crises of economy time.

 
9)  I have asked CTG to stop "the underground subway project" which will bring more disasters than helping general people.  I believe that CTG has stopped or no progress was made on this project.
 
10) I also blame few political parties who made the situation worst with pulling CTG legs from day 1.
 
Now I am asking CTG to give up the power and install a new take care Govt.  CTG has lost all the confidence to make any better in Bangladesh where essential prices are going out of control and above people's capacity to survive.  I understand price in international market also increased but inflation in Bangladesh is not line with international markets which is the failure of CTG policies.
 
I believe that being in power for the next 10 months during this stagnation in Bangladesh will cause bigger problem for Bangladesh in the long term.  I have lost confidence in CTG and their activities.  They should step down immediately to put new Take Care Govt who will have better understanding between political parties and general people. Its economy stupid.
 
Please keep in mind my decision is based on the welfare of Bangladesh, no personal gain.
 
Regards,
M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu)
__._,_.___

[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___