Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

[ALOCHONA] Arguments


Dear Brother Turkman:
 
I will address you as a brother in Deen as you claim to be a Muslim or Moslim as you mentioned.
 
I had to write this letter again as I have been called a liar and I will not sit on it. I will request you in your future response to categorically respond to the issues raised hereafter and not to resot to parables as I am not that good at deciphering parables. As you may remember that even Jesus Christ was being called a bread when to his followers he was explaining that he was the 'bread of heaven and they should take him to go to heaven' and they were utterly confused.
 
As you may recall (and if you don't I will be obliged to reproduce them for you), in my previous letters:
 
I had to mention the issue of Moslim as I was in doubt whether you were an Indian or a Bangaldeshi as the Indians tend to use the spelling of Moslim or Moslem more often as the Americans use Muhammad more than Mohamed by Arabs or Mehmet by Turks. There is no confirmed and universally accepted systme of transliterating Arabic into English and I will request you to read the pblucations by Arabic Linguistic Conventions on this matter or the following link as well when Transliterating Osama Bin Laden's name in Wikipedia:
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden
 
Please also note that I had mentioned in one of my previous letters to you that whenver in major English dictionaries you look for Moslim or Moslem - it will refer you to search under Muslim and we know the obvious reasons. In my last letter I also referred to a link where I could not find any explanation to Moslim or Moslem and that referred to that particular Online Dictionary. Nevertheless, what I tried thus far to establish to you that:
 
It is wiser to rely on well-documented evidences and to rely on relevant experts in the field and I do accept that there may be examples of exceptions and I request you to provide me and all with evidences and it is only a mark of utter frustration and defeat in arguments if you lose your temper and start referring to your children. I did mention in my previous letter that I have children who are born and brought up in USA and UK and I myself have spent years in working in USA, UK and Australia. I have all my other siblings, nephews, uncles, father, mother and even other family ties who have been living in the west for decades. I had been to the best University in USA and UK and worked in the largest law offices in USA and UK and have been interviewed by all major medias in Bangaldesh and in the West and yet I do not wish to rely on my own capabilities or knowledge and was not inclined to brag unless you had called me a liar and illiterate time and time after. I request you again to resort to logic and this quibble of an issue has become annoyingly funny.
 
It is true that if language carries and changes meaning in time and this is particularly common in English - examples are there and you know it. You can ask the pain of it to Mr. Gay or Mr. marvin Dick and even Alfred HitchCock. and I will request you not to rely on these useless logics. You cannot find a single Qura'nic Aeabic that has taken an insulting meaning in time. By the way I hope that you and your children can speak Arabic as if you or they don't know Arabic then I have to take this discussion through another channel and this will not die dwon and you will not be able to Jerk it off. Well you know if Jerking off has several meanings.
 
I will request you to read the Arabic use of Mim and Pesh and Wao and make conclusions.
 
You must also agree that English speaking people change foreign words as per their ease of tongue and we know what they did to Dhaka (Dacca) and Bombay and even to your namesake place Turkey (Toorkey) which is in fact a big hen ending up in their dinner table on on birth day (Thank's Giving Day) and even to Chittagong. Shame!
 
I may be illiterate as per your words but I will be happy to remain wise and not Unliterate as mentioned in Qur'an.
 
West has misused and generalised our respectable issues owing to their bad times with the Clergy and hence even you have generalised all Mullas and I wonder about your ideas about terrorism and fundamentalism. It is easy to give in but it is wiser  to be rationally argumentative as that keeps your wisdom up to the time. You must also remember that it was the British who had seperated the Madrasa education from genreal education and pushed the Islamic knowledge into forming a hardline blind academic system bereft of modernity. Thanks to Allah that I have had the chance to pry Shariah as well as other education. Allah made me an expert in Qur'an, Bible and even Communism. Days are over to mark our unshakeable beliefs into a blind class of hardliners. Islam is on the march - and the evils of blind fanatics are sure to perish.
 
You have mentioned in you other letter about the Anglo-Indians. I would like to bring to your notice that we come to the West and settle for honest migrant lives but the British went to India as businessmen and settled as rulers and they now even say that they ruled us for about 100 years and not for 200 and I have a public Interest case looming against the Penguin publishers in this matter and I hope you are aware of the British Indian history as I definitely am and I have academic certificates to prove that. Their legacies have pushed us to market Fair and Lovely priducts and we lament for white skin. You must also be aware of what the West did to the tribesmen in South America throufgh ethnic cleansing and I am sure you also know about their atrocities on tea-plantation women in India. Can you give me one example where an Anglo-Indian applied for an Indian passport and he was refused? If you do, I will also try to find out whether that individual holds a British Oversead passport as they are the legacies of rulers who had done atrocities on us. You know very well that UK rose against Zimbabwe only when the white firmers where kicked by the blacks and had remained blind to Mugame's regime until then. Makes sense?
 
 
Please read Qur'an Chapter 3 Verse 71
 
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): "Why do you mix truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know?"
 
Chapter 3 Verse 78
 
And verily, among them is a party who distort the Book with their tongues (as they read), so that you may think it is from the Book, but it is not from the Book, and they say: "This is from Allâh," but it is not from Allâh; and they speak a lie against Allâh while they know it.
 
Please also read Sura Bakara where you are asked to produce evidence in support of your argument (Burhan) and I hope you will do so in your next letter if you wish to continue arguing otherwise if you remain blunt - this is my lats letter and I will presume as Bible says:
 
Hearing you hear not and seeing you see not  - neither do you understand.
2 Kings 7:1-2, 16-17
John 10:22-30
 
Thanking you,
 
Mufassil Islam
Human Rights Advocate
 
 


To: alochona@yahoogroups.com
From: turkman@sbcglobal.net
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:28:46 -0700
Subject: [ALOCHONA] Again the Issue

Sir,
Compilers of Dictionaries take what is being used. They have nothing to do with what is correct of in-correct. You are lying that Dictionaries do not have word 'Moslem' in them. You are refusing to accept the realities of life like all Mollaas do. My own children, who's mother Tongue is English and who are raised in USA think spelling 'Muslim' , 'Mullah' etc are wrong and they are 'AlhamDoolillah' Moslims.
 
You are what I call obstinate fools against common knowledge and facts. I guess, you are the kind of crazy Moslims like the 2 illiterate ignorant Arabs, who had named their sons 'FuTheeD' and 'FuqheeD' but spelled had their names on Birth Certificate Document after their birth, 'Fathead' and 'Fuckhead'. Their sons are now called 'Fat Head' and 'Fuck Head' by their classmates in the Schools in USA and its too expensive for their parents to change their Birth names now because its not easy to change Birth Names in USA.
 
Allaho Akabr ...!
Ignorance and Illiteracy, we live off you since you are our Mom and Dad ...! 
 
  mufassil islam <mufassili@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Alochoks: I know this issue has become a pain where it should not hurt, yet as I and Mr. Aziz and people with similar views have been branded as illiterate Muslims  I had to mention for the ease of Mr. Turkman that we can all check the online dictionaries as mentioned in link hereafter where the Arabic and English spellings are given to Muslim and it does not recognise Moslim or Moslem. So, please who think Muslim should be spelled otherwise - well give us a break and stop being arrogantly naive.
 
      From 'arabic' (Arabeyes English/Arabic dictionary)
           
1. English : muslimism
 
2. English : muslims
Arabic  : ÇáãÓáãæä
 
3. English : muslimah
 
4. English : muslim
Arabic  : ÇáãÓáã

 
The Link...
 
http://www.stars21.com/dictionary/English-Arabic_dictionary.html
 
 
[Arabeyes - QaMoose] Search | Submit
  | The English to Arabic Dictionary |

  Virtual Keyboard


Sorry, the term you're seeking was NOT found
-or-
the term might have NOT been approved yet


Enter your search term:  
Correctly spelled suggestions:




To: alochona@yahoogroups.com
From: azizhuq@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:08:39 +0000
Subject: RE: [ALOCHONA] Why democracy has failed in third world country?, how to made sustainable democracy i

First of all, what is the relationship between democracy and the report from Mr. Farhan Husain? Secondly, what paper are you writing?




To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com; alochona@yahoogroups.com; bangladeshi_friends@yahoogroups.com
From: mc_chy@yahoo.co.in
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:24:46 +0100
Subject: [ALOCHONA] Why democracy has failed in third world country?, how to made sustainable democracy in Bangladesh


dear all,
 
I hv need some help for for writing pappers on d following topics,
 
"Why democracy has failed in third world country?"
"how to made sustainable democracy in Bangladesh"
 

Best Regards
Engg. Mobarez

Farhan Husain <russoue@gmail.com> wrote:
The following link contains something which we (who care about BD IT) should
be concerned about. A UK journalist was invited to Bangladesh and was also
requested to invite some other journalist. When he assembled a team to come
to Bangladesh, he was notified that he and his team is no longer welcome to
Bangladesh. He was notified at the last moment. The following link contains
the incident in the journalist's own words:

http://markkobayashihillary.computing.co.uk/2008/02/a-basis-for-con.html

A Basis for considering Bangladesh
I'm not the kind of person who engages in revenge or sour grapes. I'm generally so laid back that people have been known to check my pulse, but something this week really upset me and without meaning to be disrespectful to the actors involved, I want to get it documented here for others to see.

As you might know from other blog entries, I'm on my way to the Philippines and India soon. I was planning to go straight from India to Bangladesh because the Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (Basis) is hosting its annual conference in Dhaka.

It is basically clashing with the Indians and their annual conference, so they might have considered the timing a little better, but I was going to attend the final two days of the conference and was planning to give a keynote speech on Bangladesh competing against other regions.

This wasn't something I was getting paid for. They were going to cover my flight and hotel expenses, but I wasn't getting paid to spend several days doing research on Bangladesh and then speaking out on their behalf. They had offered to give me some token cash though if I could encourage some other journalists from the UK to come along – all expenses paid – to see what Bangladesh has to offer for outsourcing.

So I spent some time digging around in my contact book! and ema iling people, and I got a few people interested in coming out to Dhaka. Then I started chasing them for details of the flights, the agenda, the speakers, etc… I had nothing for the past couple of weeks. Nobody wanted to talk to me. Then on Friday – just about a week before I am leaving for Asia – they sent me an email saying I don't need to give a speech any longer or invite foreign journalists.

Well, that was a bit upsetting. Not only had I blocked out the time to be in Bangladesh and turned down other work, but I thought that I was doing them a favour by not even asking to get paid for it. All I end up having to do is explain to everyone else I had talked to that the Dhaka trip is off. You don't even want to hear what the technology correspondent of one of the broadsheets had to say about the way Basis has behaved. It also means that I am stuck in India without a flight home and I'm presently researching my best options – either come straight home or use the opportunity to stop for a couple of days somewhere on the way back from India.

I'm not trying to write this as some form of revenge against Basis, but it's a statement of fact that it needs to reconsider how it makes the region more attractive. I was at the 36th Independence Day party in Kensington last year and the people from the High Commission explained to me their plans for promoting the hi-tech industry in Bangladesh. It seemed to be that they were going to hire the Barbican centre in London and then ship 30 or so company representatives over from Bangladesh to London to stand there and talk about what they are doing. They had asked me to get some UK companies along. I can remember saying that it was a ridiculous plan and that they should get some people who write about the industry over to Dhaka first, so some positive impression of the place can be seen in the media – then people who are interested will be a lot easier to speak to.

I thought that they had listened to some good – and free – advice, but clearly not.
--
Mohammad Farhan Husain
Research Assistant
Department of Computer Science
Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
University of Texas at Dallas




Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.


Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.



Get fish-slapping on Messenger Play Now




Miss your Messenger buddies when on-the-go? Get Messenger on your Mobile! __._,_.___

[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.com




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___