Banner Advertiser

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

[vinnomot] Re: [khabor.com]Teachers, not conspirators or criminals

Ms. Dina Khan, writing in big font does not give any advantage to establish sense of logic but one can assert your attempt to generate some big empty sound, jaka banglai bola Gola Bazi. From your posting, you sounded very much like Bar. Moinul’s Chunga, which utters nothing but lies, lies and all lies.
 
Where in the world you found teachers are bargaining for their freedom? Along with their family, the entire nation is expecting unconditional release of the teachers and students and withdrawal of all bogus unlawful case against them.
 
Contrarily to bargaining for freedom, teachers and their heroic family unambiguously rejected a proposal from DGFI, which suggested family to seek bail.
 
During the hearing, Prof Anwar told the court that he has never committed any crime during his career spanning 33 years. He continued, "I swear with my hand across my heart that I have not done anything wrong during the incidents sparked off on the Dhaka University campus. It was my moral duty to extend support to my students and if I ever get the opportunity to do it again I will. I did it in 1990 during the fall of Ershad; I did it in 2001 when the police entered Shamshunnahar Hall and beat up our female students. I did it again on August 20, 21, 22 and 23, 2007."
 
After reading Prof. Anwar’s deposition in the court, you think this lion will bow down his head in front of DGFI cheaters. The same NSI and DGFI lead army kangaroo court convicted and hanged a heroic patriot of the land Colonel Abu Taher (Bir Uttam) in 1976 and gave jail sentence to Prof. Anwar. Now conspirators within the army/DGFI/NSI want to finish their unfinished job of 1976 and keep this honest man in jail using another similar Speedy Trial Court under semi martial law emergency law.
 
I salute teachers and students of Dhaka, Rajshahi and other part of the country who denounced the heinous military police operation against students of Dhaka and Rajshahi University.
 
Gen. Moeen and Bar. Moinul need to take a lesson out of that what happened in August 20, 21, 22 and 23, 2007. People’s anger cannot be restrained forever; you may find ways to contain it for today and tomorrow but surely day after or the day after is not yours. Just like the August 20, 21, 22 and 23, 2007, millions will come out and will destroy your send castle.
 
If vengeance, revenge and retribution becomes Moeenuddin-Fakhruddin led governments way of settling the score then surely the stern defeat is waiting for them and I can guess it will not be very pleasant thing for them to witness from Dhaka contrail jail as an ordinary third class inmate.
 
With immense grievance and disbelief
Shamim Chowdhury
Maryland, U.S.A.


Shamim Chowdhury <veirsmill@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- In khabor@yahoogroups.com, dina khan wrote:

Then
Why do not the teachers face the trial in the court against the
Government to prove that they are not conspirators or criminals???
Why are they doing bargain with the Govt to withdraw the cases??
For establihing juctice of administration justice of judiciary The
University Teachers should face trial boldly in the court if they
are really honest & sincere teachers.


gopalsengupta@... wrote:
http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=82661

From: GopalSengupta@...
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:19:01 EST
Subject: Teachers, not conspirators or criminals
To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com, notun_bangladesh@yahoogroups.com,
khabor@yahoogroups.com, vinnomot@yahoogroups.com,
Diagnose@yahoogroups.com, MuktoChinta@yahoogroups.com
CC: sanjeeb.hossain@...




An appeal to all concerned: Please raise voices against the army
led caretaker government to free our teachers and scholars. Our
teachers are our prides not conspirators or criminals.Please go thru
the letter of Mr. Sanjeeb Hossain, son of the detained Dr. A.
Hossain. Please help ourselves to bring back all teachers to campus
with honor and dignity.

Gopal Sengupta
gopalsengupta@...


Dear All,
Todays events at the Court were no different from that of
yesterday. The Judge once again framed charges and the four Dhaka
University Professors were accused of violating the Emergency Power
Rules 2007. At the end of the proceedings the Professors were asked
if they pleaded guilty. They did not. The Government yet again
missed out on a golden opportunity to drop the case against the
academics.
As you can quite clearly see, nothing new. However something did
happen today. Something which has rarely happened to me over the
past three months. My father after the submissions of the lawyers
seeked permission from the Judge to say a few words. His few words
ended up as a what I would term it as one of the most historic
speeches made in a Court of law. I do not remember all of it but
here is what I remember of it of it in English:
"In my 33 years as a teacher of the Dhaka University, I have
always held my head up high. There not a single incident which will
indicate that I failed as a teacher or as a human being. However, it
would not not appropriate to say that there not a 'single' incident.
In 1976, I along with my brother Colonel Abu Taher (Bir Uttam) and
others were tried by a Special Military Tribunal. My brother was
hanged and I was sentenced to jail along with others. That possible
because the Special Military Tribunal was not independent one and
everyone knew that what was going on was a sham in the name of the
law. Well, here I am again before a Court of law another facing
trial. The conditions however are very much different. The judiciary
of Bangladesh is independent now after years of struggle. The Judge
that's stand before me has the opportunity to do what is right. He
has been given the independence to give his verdict without
intimidation or pressure.
I swear with my hand across my heart that I have not done anything
wrong during the incident that sparked off from the Dhaka
University. It was my moral duty to extend my hand of support to my
distressed students and if if I ever get the opportunity to do it
again will. I did it in 1990 during the fall of Ershad, I did it in
2001 when the Police entered Shamshunnahar Hall and beat up our
female students. I did it again on August 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Honourable Judge before you make you decision, you cannot forget
that not all laws are laws, not not trials are trials. I would like
to conclude reciting a poem of Jibanananda Das ( At this point he
recited a poem)
The teachers and students of the Dhaka University will not be fed
to the vultures and hyenas. (Dhaka Bisshobiddyaloyer kono shikkhok
othoba kono chattra shokun or sheyal er khaddo hobe nah) May you do
the rightful."
I began to cry after hearring that speech. My tears were not out
of weakness, they were from the immense strength that I now possess.
I urge you to stay strong. Victory will be ours.
Sanjeeb Hossain

(Courtesy: Mr. Sanjeeb Hossain, son of the detained scholar Dr.
A.Hossain wrote this mail to me and some others on December 11,
2007. I sincerely acknowledge the contribution of Mr.Sanjeeb
Hossain)

This email message (including attachments, if any) is intended for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential
and exempt from disclosures.If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this E-
mail message immediately.

Ce message d'email/courriel (attachements y compris, si quel) est
pr鶵 pour l'usage de l'individu ou de l'entit頡uxquels ils sont adress
鳠et peuvent contenir l'information dont est privil駩鬠de propri鴩
industrielle, confidentiel et exempt
r鶩lations. Si vous n'괥s pas le destinataire pr鶵, on vous annonce
que toute diffusion,la distribution ou copier de cette communication
est strictement interdite. Si vous avez reçµ cette communication par
erreur, informez svp l'exp餩teur et effacer ce message d'E-
mail/courriel imm餩atement.



Send instant messages to your online friends
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

--- End forwarded message ---




Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___