Banner Advertiser

Saturday, January 12, 2008

[vinnomot] Re: Theory of Evolution and Islam

You should write a book. A suggested title: "Origin of Allah by (un)Natural Selection." :-)
 
J.A.
www.mukto-mona.com

shanavas@comcast.net wrote:
I am a Muslim evolutionist. I do not see any conflict between my faith and the theory of evolution. I am available as guest speaker on the topic of "Human Origin by Evolution: Is it an Islamic Blasphemy?"
 
The following is the outline of my presentation:
 
     1.    Why did I, pediatrician, get into the topic of religion and theory of evolution
     2.    Brief  definition of evolution and western creationism
     3.    Medical evidence for theory of evolution.
     4.    History of theory of Evolution during the Golden Age of Pre-Darwin Muslims.
     5.    Literal comparison of Darwin's and Pre-Darwin Muslim description of natural selection.  
     6.    Did contemporaries of Darwin in America and the Europe know about Muslim theory of
            evolution? If they knew, what is the evidence?
    7.     Allah as Evolver
    8.     Creation/Evolution and the Qur'an.
    10.   Do the Qur'an and Qur'an exegesis by pre-Darwin Muslims support human evolution from
            Earlier Hominids?
     9.    Is Human Origin by Evolution an Islamic Blasphemy?
Sincerely
T.O.Shanavas



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because

I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." -Edward Everett Hale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover the History of Bangladesh.Visit: http://www.mukto-mona.com/1971/archive.htm


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___