Banner Advertiser

Monday, November 26, 2007

[vinnomot] How I can help Bangladesh? How does my help trickle down to change Bangladesh for the better future?

Dear All,
 
I had an interesting conversation with an on-line communities last weekends and what I have found that people from Bangladesh are confused how to help and how their help trickle down to change Bangladesh, most of Bangladeshi people think giving money is the only way to help and that help contributes changes in Bangladesh.  This is a misconception and wrong to think that money is the only way to help Bangladesh that will change Bangladesh for better future.
 
That's why I know now why some people get freaked out when they hear about "Change Bangladesh Organization (CBd), USA"  and how will this Organization change Bangladesh?
CBd is not big like a BRAC, CBd does not have board of directors who are super rich like Boshudhara, then how CBd will change Bangladesh? None of its board of directors are MPs in Bangladesh or big shot in any political parties in Bangladesh?  People have valid questions and I hope that I will able to answer all of their concern and questions.
 
"Help and change" is a broad term, it will be tough to explain you in here but I will try my best. Help is not just giving money only.  The followings items are also help for Bangladesh and this help trickle down to change Bangladesh for the brighter future:
 
1) Provide new technologies in Bangladesh.
 
2) Provide better policy advice to expand Bangladesh economy.
 
3) Encourage to bring more young leadership in Bangladesh.
 
4) Raising flood & SIDR funds, provide guidance how to raise, how to donate, how to spend those collected funds for dual purposes in Bangladesh.
 
5) Guidance how to develop pharmaceuticals sector in Bangladesh.
 
6) Bringing all professionals from abroad to Bangladesh and asking for their knowledge transfer are also a help and this helps to change Bangladesh for better future.
 
7) If I am professor in a foreign university, if I can help to bring more students from Bangladesh is also a help.
 
8) If I am in a corporate environment and if I can give more jobs to Bangladeshi is also a help.
 
9) If I am an industrialist and open a plant in Bangladesh is also a help to Bangladesh. Now if I bring all profit money from Bangladesh to foreign countries, then it might be an open question.
 
10) If I can bring a new investors in Bangladesh is also a help.
 
11) If I encourage and help honest, visionary candidates to be elected in Bangladesh is also a help.
 
12) If I encourage and help to elect a notorious corrupt person to be elected in Bangladesh, then I may indirectly inflicting harm on Bangladesh.
 
13) If I can educate general people in Bangladesh about what is right and what is wrong is also a help.
 
14) Provide a guidance to shape a good policy which will create more jobs and increase people buying power in Bangladesh is also a help.
 
15) If I bring wasteful discussion and try to divert our attention from real issues that the country is facing, then I may have inflicted harm on Bangladesh instead of helping her.
 
I can go on and on with the list.  But the bottom line is that help can be in different shapes, and sizes and we in Change Bangladesh Organization, USA believe that every body can help Bangladesh and their help will trickle down to Change Bangladesh for the better future.


I do not own Change Bangladesh Organization and I am not a Founder but I am a volunteer and a board of director, but I like its intention, vision, strategies, planning, motivation, projects which will change Bangladesh for better if we help it and Bangladesh Govt listens to it. Some one has to start somewhere to make changes in Political, Social and Development Bangladesh.
 
Few of my works for Bangladesh as part of CBd, USA. are:

I have made numerous advice on Bangladesh policies for pro people, pro investment and pro Bangladesh:

1) How to Expand Bangladesh Economy.

2) How to fight inflation in Bangladesh regardless of the current Global inflation.

3) How to expand Pharmaceuticals sector in Bangladesh, I have communicated with CTG about Bangladesh Pharmaceutical companies concern and how to bring up the quality of Bangladeshi medicines.

4) How to raise FUND for Floods & Cyclone SIDR victims.

5) How to use the collected FLOOD and SIDR funds for dual purposes, I always tell people that we will have various opinions how to solve a problem but choosing the right solution is the key to success in Bangladesh.

6) I have advised AWL and BNP what they have to do if either one is elected in the next general election.

7) I want more young leadership in Bangladesh politics and I have written extensively about it.

8) I want visionary, honest, talented, smart, international experienced, who has 5 years plan for Bangladesh to move forward, pro Bangladesh expatriates to join in the next general election under any parties in Bangladesh.

9) I tell people think how to unite among us, there so many elements in Bangladesh that is divisible, we need to be smart not to talk about it. There always will be third evil forces to destroy Bangladesh and its people, but we have to be smart not to let them put poison on us.

10) I advise people that democracy, free speech, human rights are beautiful things if we can exercise with benefits and properly, not to harm others or countries. A true Democracy does not mean we loot poor people wealth and I become rich with others money. Bangladesh need a true and people democracy, not for the few elites in Bangladesh.

At last I like to say Bangladesh will remain a poor country as far as I can see until we change our mind, thinking process to pro Bangladesh, pro development, pro general people policies. Things will not change overnight, some one has to start somewhere and put a seed in the soil, a tree will come out if we properly water it every day. Even we elect honest and visionary people in Bangladesh, they will not success if general people do not support them.

We have to find national issues like creating more jobs, increasing the people buying power. food security, expanding economy beyond garments, how ICT and pharmaceuticals sectors can flourish, how Bangladesh can get chunk of excess $1 Trillion dollar emerging market investment in next three years from Middle East countries, I can go on and on.

Best wishes,
 
M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu), USA
Board of Director, CBd, USA
www.changebangladesh.org
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___