Banner Advertiser

Thursday, December 6, 2007

[vinnomot] Re: [calcutta] Missing girls of India

In 100% agreement.
 
Jahed Ahmed
 

Bandhab Shandliya <bandhab2005@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
     I appricate this point of view. I stopped attending marriages, where dowry has been known to have been paid/ taken, form early 1980s till date. We must not further delay to commit ourselves to uphold this cause and -
inform the concerned authorities / media/ and public of any clinic/ doctor, indulging in pre-natal detecting and aborting female embryo and -
raise demand for enactment of  such laws, to treat this crime as murder, as under section 302 of IPC.
Hope for commitment participation and support from all.
 
 
 
 
Dr Biplab Pal <biplabpal2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6934540.stm

We still could not eliminate dowry. Despite several Govt rules and laws, we, the society is still sanctioning it by attending the marriage ceremony tarnished by dowry. We need to stop attending these ceremonies. I already boycotted several during my days in India and got termed as commi--but be it. This is an evil--approx. out of 543 ethnic groups in the world only 4 have concepts of dowry given to the grooms from the brides.

Social boycott of dowry and the people associated with it is a must.

Biplab


Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now



"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do
everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
-Edward Everett Hale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___