Banner Advertiser

Sunday, April 13, 2008

[ALOCHONA] Re: Masters of Corruption

Dear Shahidur

Thank you for your kind words. It's a bit cheeky of me to play with great words already written by Bob Dylan : )

I think you have made a brilliant suggestion!

I have thought about the idea before. Perhaps it is time for NRBs also to influence the Deshi film industry in the same way the NRIs have brought so much to Indian cinema? Hmmm... I'm already looking at film budgets but believe me hard data is difficult to come by. If anyone knows someone involved with film production in Dhaka please send me his/her email directly to ezajur.rahman@q8.com

Isn't it interesting how, with so much freedom, there is still such a lack of visual commentary on corruption in Bangaldesh? It just goes to show how deep rooted corruption is. Certainly I think it would be very interesting to ask the movie world of Bangladesh to defend it's record on representing corruption.

Your suggestion is indeed food for thought...

Have a nice day and take care!

Regards

Ezajur Rahman
Kuwait


--- In alochona@yahoogroups.com, "Shahidur Rahman \(Assoc Prof\)"
<ASRAHMAN@...> wrote:
>
> Dear Ezajur,
>
> I am sure most of us like your song very much. Why not encourage
the Film Directors and Producers to make at least one
Film/Documentary on Corruption and put this song on it.
>
> All the Best.
>
> Shahidur.
>
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: alochona@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Ezajur Rahman
> Sent: Mon 4/7/2008 4:18 PM
> To: alochona@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [ALOCHONA] Masters of Corruption
>
>
>
> Dear Alochoks
>
>
>
> The great American singer Bob Dylan wrote a classic protest song
back in the 60s called 'Masters of War'.
>
> Its sentiment is just as relevant today.
>
>
>
> Nowadays I tend to reframe this classic as I listen to it - to me I
hear 'Masters of Corruption'.
>
> Here is my attempt at reframing it.
>
>
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> Ezajur Rahman
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Masters Of Corruption
>
>
>
> Come you masters of corruption
>
> You that build all the deals
>
> You that build the dirty bribes
>
> You that build the big scams
>
> You that hide behind politics
>
> You that hide behind patriotism
>
> I just want you to know
>
> I can see through your masks
>
>
>
> You that never done nothin'
>
> But talk to exploit
>
> You play with my world
>
> Like it's your little toy
>
> You put a hammer in my hand
>
> And you hide from my eyes
>
> And you turn and run farther
>
> When the bits of broken bricks fly
>
>
>
> Like Mir Jafar of old
>
> You lie and deceive
>
> A world class leader you are
>
> You want me to believe
>
> But I see through your eyes
>
> And I see through your brain
>
> Like I see through the water
>
> That runs down my drain
>
>
>
> You make all the meals
>
> For the criminals to feast
>
> Then you sit back and watch
>
> When your new building climbs higher
>
> You hide in your words
>
> As old people's sweat
>
> Flows out of their bodies
>
> And is buried in the mud
>
>
>
> You've thrown the worst fear
>
> That can ever be hurled
>
> Fear to hope for a future
>
> In a righteous Bangladesh
>
> For threatening our hopes
>
> Our love and our dreams
>
> You ain't worth the blood
>
> That runs in your veins
>
>
>
> How much do I know
>
> To talk out of turn
>
> You might say that I'm young
>
> You might say I'm unlearned
>
> But there's one thing I know
>
> Though I'm younger than you
>
> Even Allah would never
>
> Forgive what you do
>
>
>
> Let me ask you one question
>
> Is your money that good?
>
> Will it buy you forgiveness?
>
> Do you think that it could?
>
> I think you will find
>
> When your death takes its toll
>
> All the money you made
>
> Will never buy back your soul
>
>
>
> And I hope that you die
>
> And that your death will come soon
>
> I will follow your casket
>
> In the pale afternoon
>
> And I'll watch while you're lowered
>
> Down to your deathbed
>
> And I'll stand upon your grave
>
> Until I'm sure that you're dead
>

------------------------------------

[Disclaimer: ALOCHONA Management is not liable for information contained in this message. The author takes full responsibility.]
To unsubscribe/subscribe, send request to alochona-owner@egroups.comYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alochona/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alochona/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:alochona-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:alochona-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
alochona-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/