Banner Advertiser

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

[mukto-mona] Re: 'Interesting' News from MBI Munshi on "UN asked to return Bangla

Dear Moderator,
My Response to one Mr Kamal Das's reply to my post for your kind perusal...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I did not get the relevance of one Mr Kamal Das's response to my post on the issue titled "'Interesting' News from MBI Munshi on 'UN asked to return Bangladesh Troops". Let me point out once again that my post was related to the fact that what Susan Ramgopal demanded to UNSG and referred by MBI Munsi (published in the Blitz after the 25th Feb BDR Massacre) was similar to the demands of some Islamist group (posted in leaflets in DU) after 1/11. I also raised a query whether they are the same (type of ) people or not. Mr Kamal Das's reply was something very different. Perhaps we are in the habit of talking out of context.
 
Nevertheless,  I could not help noticing some fabrication/unsubstantiated facts posted by Mr Kamal Das in his post. Driven by the spirit of this forum I felt obliged to make a response to those fabrications and half truths by Kamal Das. Let me give clear examples:
 
Mr Kamal Das wrote:
 
 "….I hope the UN would never consider redundant, as they could not get a better job for the price they pay."
 
My response:
 
Are you suggesting that UN has a discriminatory pay scale when it comes to the Bangladeshi troops? Are you aware of the reimbursement procedure of the UN? Do you know how UN decides to pay its peacekeepers coming from across the globe? I served in the UN as a Military Observer quite some time ago and I used to draw same salary from the UN like my British, French, Ghanaian , Indian, Czech Republic, Serbian, Uruguay,  Guinean, Thai, Chinese counterparts. So, please think before you make such generalized statement in forums like this without sufficient knowledge on the issue that you may not know fully well. Gone are the days when all that cooks up in your mind sitting in some corner based on some (twisted) perspective will be taken as true and not challenged.
 
Mr Kamal Das also wrote:
 
 "….Facing the Serbians in 1990s, our army sent SOS to the UN".
 
My response
How do you come up with such fabricated half-truth? Did you care to research on it or even talk to some one who was deployed there at that time? There are hundreds if not thousands of incidents of receiving SOS massage in the UN from various field missions which are not limited to Bangladeshi forces. Did you care to inform this forum which other countries have also sent SOS massages to the UN ?  I have personally seen and even handled such SOS incidents. However, I will trace back the people who were deployed in Serbia in 1990 and let this forum know the full truth/fact if any. What I can say for now is that in the UN system the SOS massage can be from a single Military observer, Patrol, to a force deployed in the area which is often composed of troops from many countries. No matter whoever sends this, it reaches the UN through Chief of Operation, Force Commander and the Special Representative of the UN Secy General who is the mission in-charge – very rarely like the way Mr Kamal Das has stated.  Your allegation that "Facing the Serbians in 1990s, our Army sent SOS to the UN" if at all true, seems to be not only half-truth but also ill intentional in nature.  Why did you do that? Are you compelled to make an statement about an incident involving Bangladesh Army on which you (apparently) don't know much? However, in no way I am suggesting that Bangladesh Army opearted without a single failure in all its UN missions. But judging by the reputations and seeing the Bangladeshi troops in action alongside the other member countries, I will not grade them as Mr Kamal Das  tried to do. However, I will be happy to know his reasons and source of such remarks.    
 
Regarding the political part of your mail, I rather refrain from making any response for now. However I would suggest you to read the article by the Editor of Bangladesh Today available at
 
I am sure a 'receptive mind' will know much from this article on the role of military in politics.
 
Finally, your quote of Clive's Deputy is interesting as it reminds me the fate that this country had due to the collaborators (modern term 5th Columists) of Clive. I sense , such collaborators/5th columists are still alive in our society who are constantly bombarding us with half-truth, lies, fabricated stories and commenting on issues that they don't know or have full knowledge just to satisfy their hidden agenda/masters and may be earn blessings from them. I hope you are not one of them.
 
It takes courage to say the 'truth' and it take even more courage to say "I was wrong". I hope you will appear more courageous in your next post.
 
Cheers
Zahid Khan
Dhaka
 



__._,_.___


****************************************************
Mukto Mona plans for a Grand Darwin Day Celebration: 
Call For Articles:

http://mukto-mona.com/wordpress/?p=68

http://mukto-mona.com/banga_blog/?p=585

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___