Banner Advertiser

Friday, December 7, 2007

[mukto-mona] JAHANGIR ALAM AKASH FROM RAJSHAHI

        

Dear Sir

         Thank you very much and I am grateful to your help.

         Still I am in Bed rest for `chicken pox' and I getting

         physiotherapy for tortured places under BRCT from

           last 21st November-2007. Please listen my torturing history.

On December 1, 2006, RAB murdered Ahsan Habib Babu, a Chatra Leage leader from Durgapur. On May 2, 2007 Benazir (BNP, Contractor) was shot by RAB in front of his wife and minor daughter. On May 16, 2007 RAB tortured jail-guard Sahebul. RAB killed Majnu Sheikh of a Workers party leader in a litchi garden in Choto Bangram on May 18, 2007.

 

I reported these incidents in CSB News, Deutsche Welle and in Daily Sangbad. When Benazir was shot on May 2, 2007 it was reported by me in CSB News. RAB-5 officer Major Rashidul Hasan threatened me on May 2 and said RAB will take action against me. I complained to Amnesty International and Asian Human Rights Commission regarding this threat. Then an investigation was commissioned. I gave my testimony to NSI, SB and Police. For these reasons RAB was furious with me.

 

On the April 9, 2002 and on the December 17, 2006 I reported about the corruption in the management of Delwar Hossain Waqf Estate in Rajshahi. On March 4, of 2000 I reported about Mahfuzul Alam Loton, the son of the sacked Motawali (of the Estate) Abdus Samad and his gang's terrorist activities. Last April 25, 2007 my report on the corruption of this estate was broadcasted by CSB News.

 

Working as a regional coordinator of a human rights organization, Bangladesh Institute of Human Rights, I did some fact-finding on RAB's human rights violations. These facts were sent to the home minister, prime minister and the chief adviser seeking necessary actions.

Reacting to my reports in CSB News and Daily Sangbad on corruption in Delwar Hossain Waqf Estate in Rajshahi, Mahfuzul Alam Loton, son the Motawali Abdus Samad filed a GD (General Diary No. 1160) on June 20, 2007 charging me of a false extortion attempt of Taka 50,000 in the Boalia model police station.

 

On October 2, the same complaint was submitted in the same police station as Izahar and it was recorded as a case (No. 2, Section 385/386). I immediately applied to the high court and received an ad-interim. But violating the court ruling RAB arrested me on the October 24 at 1.30 am, late in the night.

 

I was blindfolded with a towel, covered with a mask and was taken to RAB-5 office. I was beaten by RAB in front of my 5-month old son Fiman Farnad and my wife was also witness to this. At the same time when Likhon, the son of my landlord, asked about the identity of the persons arresting me. He was also beaten by RAB.  

 

After my arrival in RAB-5 office I was kept hanging from ceiling with ropes in my hands, with the mask on my face. In the morning the RAB officer Major Rashidul Hasan and Humayun Kabir (DAD) tortured me physically. They have sworn nasty words towards me. They handed me over to Boalia police station at 4:30 in the afternoon under section 54.

 

Boalia police station put me on court under section 16 (2) of the emergency act. I came to know later that another false extortion case was lodged against me by the father of a rapist Jatiotabadi Chatradol cadre in the Puthia police station. The son of the plaintiff in the Puthia police station case was caught red handed while trying to rape a teenager girl. He was later released on acquitted. Her father was murdered by poison because he refused to withdraw the case against the rapist.

 

Mahfuzul Alam Loton, the plaintiff of the extortion case against me, witness Ziaul Haque Tuku and Asaduzzaman Asad all are working as a RAB sources. I filed a GD (No. 310) against Loton on March 7, 2000 because after my report had been published in Daily Sangbad on March 4, 2000 members of his gang tried to kill me.

 

Later Asaduzzaman Asad, a witness in Loton's case took Taka 30,000 as extortion from a local businessman but he used my name. This was reported in Daily Sangbad, "Extortion using the name of a journalist," on January 19, of 2003.

It is mentioned that, I was released from Rajshahi central jail on 19th November, 2007 on bail. Now, I getting treatment under Bangladesh Rehabilitation Center for Trauma Victims (BRCT) from 21 st November, 2007. Last 25th November, 2007 Third false extortion case filed against me by a BNP leader Abdul Latif Biswas with Puthia police station. Mr. Latif is a accused person of a sensational extortion case.  

        Bangladesh govt. already has taken under

       Emergency Power Rules (EPR) 2007 of 1st case against me.

       So, I am worried. Because, there is (EPR) no bail.

       My wife & five month old son are staying the houses

      of my father-in law in Rajshahi. Now, I suffering economic problem.

     After all, now I am jobless. CSB News was closed on

     September-2007. Last two & half month I conduct

    unnatural life with 28th Day in jail. In the same time, at least

      four family feel & suffering for this false cases.
      I don't forget your Sympathy for me.

 

Best regards

 

Jahangir Alam Akash

            Journalist & human rights defender

`Apatoto' C-361

Seroil, Rajshahi-6100

Cell-01556310762

             07th December, 2007 

 

--
JAHANGIR ALAM AKASH
Apatoto, C-361 Seroil
Rajshahi-6100
Cell.+8801556310762

__._,_.___

*****************************************
Sign the Petition : Release the Arrested University Teachers Immediately : An Appeal to the Caretaker Government of Bangladesh

http://www.mukto-mona.com/human_rights/university_teachers_arrest.htm

*****************************************
Daily Star publishes an interview with Mukto-Mona
http://www.mukto-mona.com/news/daily_star/daily_star_MM.pdf

*****************************************

MM site is blocked in Islamic countries such as UAE. Members of those theocratic states, kindly use any proxy (such as http://proxy.org/) to access mukto-mona.

*****************************************
Mukto-Mona Celebrates 5th Anniversary
http://www.mukto-mona.com/Special_Event_/5_yrs_anniv/index.htm

*****************************************
Mukto-Mona Celebrates Earth Day:
http://www.mukto-mona.com/Special_Event_/Earth_day2006/index.htm

*****************************************
Kansat Uprising : A Special Page from Mukto-Mona 
http://www.mukto-mona.com/human_rights/kansat2006/members/


*****************************************
MM Project : Grand assembly of local freedom fighters at Raumari
http://www.mukto-mona.com/project/Roumari/freedom_fighters_union300306.htm

*****************************************
German Bangla Radio Interviews Mukto-Mona Members:
http://www.mukto-mona.com/Special_Event_/Darwin_day/german_radio/


Mukto-Mona Celebrates Darwin Day:

http://www.mukto-mona.com/Special_Event_/Darwin_day/index.htm

*****************************************

Some FAQ's about Mukto-Mona:

http://www.mukto-mona.com/new_site/mukto-mona/faq_mm.htm

****************************************************

VISIT MUKTO-MONA WEB-SITE : http://www.mukto-mona.com/

****************************************************

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
               -Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 190




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___